Chapter 9 - Flashback

Stacey P.O.V

I just couldn't believe what I just saw. It was very shocking. I thought he had left the city.. then how come he is here?
That means he is back. I just can't digest this piece of information. This is all so disturbing.
I was so lost in my own thoughts that I completely forgot that Drake was sitting beside me. After I had seen Derek .. yeah . The guy's name is Derek. After I had seen him at McDonald's, I freaked out and just ran out to the park that is just opposite to McDonald's.
I was preparing myself to answer the questions that Drake would shoot at me. Ever since I dashed out of McDonald's Drake had remained silent. All he did was sit beside me and placed his hand on my hand to comfort me.
'I am so sorry for ruining the night' I said giving him an apologetic look.
'It's okay cupcake ' he told me while gently rubbing my back.
Suddenly something struck me. Did he just call me cupcake? Did he give me a pet name? Oh yeah. He very well did.
I just sighed and leaned to rest my head on his shoulder. I could feel his muscles. It was evident that he worked out a lot to get these killer muscles and abs. As I was thinking how hot Drake is, I was fast asleep. I was completely exhausted by the happenings of the night. I just couldn't think anything. I needed rest. I needed someone to comfort me so that I could compose myself back.
The next morning when I got up I realised that I was sleeping in a bed. When I slowly opened my eyes I found the room familiar, but this isn't my room. Oh shit. It's Skye's room. I didn't even understand how did I come here in the first place. I remember sleeping on Drake's shoulder when we were at the park last night.
I can't recollect what has happened after that.

Skye's P.O.V

Yesterday night Drake texted me about the happenings of the night. He told me that Stacey was sleeping on his shoulders. So he asked me to come and pick her up because she needed rest.
I quickly jumped out of the bed and changed my clothes.
I was thankful to god that my parents weren't at home today. They had gone out for some party and wouldn't be coming over till tomorrow morning.
I quickly grabbed my car keys and headed towards the park to pick Stacey.
I told Drake to go home but he was reluctant to listen to me. I finally gave up and he came along with me.
With the help of Drake , I carried Stacey to my bedroom and laid her down. I left the Ronn to get a water bottle for Stacey. Just in case if she wakes up.
When Drake had texted me and told me that Stacey got scared by seeing some guy , I understood what might have happened. I heard a few rumours that he was back. I never paid attention to them because they weren't accurate. The guy she had seen is my ex- boyfriend and also Stacey's ex-crush. This guy had made our live hell. When i and him started dating , we decided to keep it all a secret and not to tell our friends.
At that point of time I didn't know that Stacey had feelings for him. I asked her many a times if she was seeing someone. She would deny it every single time. This guy is none other than the great Derek. I had broken up with him because of his stupid behaviour. He had cheated on me with one of the senior girls. When I confronted him , he told me that he loved only me and I believed him. Later that night when we met , he was blabbering some nonsense. He told me that he thinks he likes Stacey but he loves only me. I got so frustrated at this that I slapped him so hard and walked away. Before walking away I told him that I was breaking up with him.
That was the worst night of my life.
After a month of my break up with Derek, I told Stacey about everything. She was understanding.  But I had a doubt whether she liked Derek or not. If she had feelings for that devil then she had no choice but to forget him. He doesn't deserve someone as good as Stacey. Whenever I asked her a question about her feelings towards a guy, she always felt uncomfortable, so I decided not to bring up the topic again.
After a few days Stacey had confessed to me that she had feelings for Derek. She said that she dint know that I was with him at that time. Obviously how would she even know. We had kept it a secret. She told me that she was very sorry. I told her that it was okay and that it happens with everyone,but now she has to forget him. She agreed with me. Me and Stacey decided that we will forget whatever had happened. We understood that we can't destroy our friendship over a single guy. From that day till now, we both have been the bestest of friends. We know everything about each other. Our friendship became stronger than ever after the incident. Everything was back to normal. We were happy but that didn't last for a long time.
Somehow Derek got to know that Stacey had a crush on him and decided that he will play with her feelings. So he made one of his friends Kevin go back of her. At one end Kevin was trying to prove to Stacey that he loved her and in the other end Derek was giving her signals that he is interested in her. Poor Stacey couldn't take all this. She wasn't understanding what to do. Kevin was trying his best to make Stacey fall for him. Before Kevin could harm Stacey, I ensured that they maintained a distance from her.
One day, out of no where , Derek came and told Stacey that he loves her. Stacey is too smart. She easily understood what he was trying to do. He was trying to break our friendship. So all she did was treat him with a tight slap across his face.
After all of this drama , I had complained to the school authorities that Derek was harrassing me and Stacey. So, as a result of his complaint he was dismissed from the school. Then I got to know that he had left the town because all his friends had turned against him.
The drama that this guy had created had affected both our lives very badly. The reason being we liked him.
But we both were always there for each other and I know that we will be there with each other ever after.
................
After all that had happened two years ago and how this had affected mine and Stacey's life... I was going to enter my room, when I saw Drake.
Drake was catching Stacey's hand and he gently leaned and kissed her forehead... oh not to forget he also said 'Goodnight Cupcake'. I was shocked. He then walked past me and told me that he will come back in the morning.
After a few minutes I could hear a car being started, then I realised it must have been Drake's car.
........