11

it was the following day and i had that date with zion.

he said he was going to take me to the park for a nice winter picnic. of course, i agreed to the change of location and got dressed in jeans, a long sleeve with my oversized jean jacket and boots.

he said he wanted me to come after him, so i had to wait fifteen minutes before i could leave the house to meet him.

after a couple of minutes walking to find him, he was sitting on a pile of snow by a fire with the picnic essentials you'd need and his adorable grin.

he patted the other side of the blanket for me to sit at.

"isn't it a bit cold?" i asked. "yeah, but if we focus on each other, then the cold would never bother us." he stated.

"i thought you were- never mind." "what?" he asked. "i thought you were about to say 'the cold never bothered me anyway.'" he smiled and picks up a piece of snow.

"the snow glows white on the mountain tonight, not a footprint to be seen." he said, getting up.

"a kingdom of isolation, and it looks like, you're the queen." he pointed at me. "me?" i asked. "the wind is howling like this swirling storm inside." he nodded in response and helped me up.

"couldn't keep it in, heaven knows i've, tried." i sang. "don't let them in, don't let them see, be the good girl you always have to be," zion and i sang. "conceal don't feel, don't let them know, well now they know!" we melodramatically sang. "let it go! let it go! can't hold it back anymore." we picked up snow and threw it at each other.

where has this zion been these past couple of days?

after our moment, we sat back down and stared at the fire.

"so, i just wanted to say, after everything that happened," he said. "i just wanted to thank you for sticking by me and never letting go." "aw, of course. you're my best friend, how could i not?" we stared at each other and smiled.

"i- i love you olivia. i know i either say it and don't mean it or hardly ever say it but i'm saying it now, i love you. truly." he stated.

i was taken back from his words and was completely speechless.

i mean, this WAS the first time we had a sentimental moment other than high school, i didn't know what to do except,

"i love you too." i responded with a smile.

"now, let's eat. i made your favorite sandwich." he pulled out two bags from the basket. "bacon and lettuce but no tomato?" i quickly asked. he nodded and i opened my bag.

perfection.