19

"haha that was so much fun." i said as justin, zion and i entered my house.

i opened the door to see diana and my parents sitting on the couch.

"oh, hey mom and dad. hey diana." i said. "hello zion, olivia and justin." diana smiled.

"mom, dad, this is justin, my boyfriend." i put my hands in my back pocket and leaned on him.

"i'm gonna go home." zion whispered in my ear. "bye mr and mrs eileen. bye diana." zion waved to them.

"zion, stay. martha made dinner and i'm pretty sure we have enough for you." my dad said. "oh it's okay mr eileen. you should meet justin, he's a great guy and-"

"zion, i insisted." my dad said again. zion nodded and sat down on the couch.

"well... we don't bite. come sit down." my mom told justin and i to come join them in the living room.

"so... justin, how'd you to meet?" my mom asked.

"um, we met at a party." he answered. "yeah, it was maggie's party. zion and his group was there too." i said. "were you partying hard justin?" my dad asked. "nah, i'm not really that type of person. i'm more of the 'sit in the corner and pretend to be on my phone' type." he said. "i like you." my dad said and we all laughed.

-

everything was going great. my mom made gumbo and justin couldn't stop complimenting her cooking skills. my dad seemed to like him and diana was glad to get to know him more. the only one who barely said a word was zion. every time i'd look at him, he'd be on his phone, smiling and laughing. probably that sammi girl. i really have to meet her.

"so zion, when are you and the band going on tour?" i asked. "oh, um, soon." he said, then got back on his phone. "how soon?" i snarked, eating my gumbo. "probably next summer or so." he said, and got on his phone again.

-

everybody finished the food and mom, dad, diana, and justin went to bed, leaving zion and i on my front porch.

"when can i meet sammi?" i asked. "whenever you come to la." he shrugged, staring at his phone.

i hesitated at first but snatched his phone from him.

"hey, get it back!" he tried getting his phone that i hid behind my back. "nope." i leaned against the door and he got close. really close. like, inches from my face.

we cleaned our throats and stepped away from each other, or he walked back more. i gave him back his phone and he put it in his pocket.

"how about i come with justin when he goes back to la. i can hang there for a while." i suggested. "that's fine by me. i can get a ticket then as well." he said. "perfect." i nodded.

"well, good night. bye liv." he left and i leaned against the door, replaying the close moment we had a couple of seconds before.

sigh, but not now.

not now.