Chapter eight

Percy stared at Nico's broken body, then finally snapped out of it. He scrambled for his phone, quickly dialing the hospital. "Hello. What can I assist you with?" "M-my... He got hit by a car... I..." His voice cracked and he bit his lip, not wanting to cry. "We'll be right there, sir." Percy threw his phone down and ran over to Nico. He pressed his fingers on his neck, sobbing when he felt a slow pulse. He burried his face into Nico's side, breathing in his scent. "Nico... I'm so sorry...." He mumbled and interlaced their fingers. He pressed his lips to Nico's cheek and cupped his face. "I'm so sorry..." He rested their foreheads together, not moving when the ambulance pulled up. All he did was wrap his arms around Nico's stomach, not wanting them to take him away. "You need to let of him." One of the nurses said. Percy shook his head and she sighed. "Alright... Just get in the back with him." They had to help Percy up, him being to stunned to move on his own. He layed Nico down on the stretcher, then sat beside him. He grabbed his hand pressed his lips to it, tears still rolling down his cheek. He muffled a sob, then kissed Nico's cheek. "I love you."

Percy chewed on his lip, staring at the floor. "Mr. Jackson?" He stood up and the doctor smiled. "Can I see him?" Percy asked and the doctor sighed. "Sorry, but only family can see him." Percy bit his lip. "But... What about... I..." The doctor frowned. "Yes?" "What about... Partners?" The doctor smiled, then nodded. "Of course. Follow me." Percy walked behind the doctor, wanting to strangle him. He was walking way to slow. Nico might be dying, and he was walking so slow! They finally got to the room and Percy ran over, grabbing his hand and kissing his forehead. "He's still unconscious, but he should wake up tomorrow." "Should?" Percy asked. "I mean, it could be a day, but it could also be a month." Percy stared at him, then bit his lip and turned back to Nico. He ran his fingers through his hair, then stopped when he realized that his cat ears were very visable. "Um... You uh..." "Yes, I am aware of what he is. Don't worry, I was sworn to secrecy." "By... By who?" Percy asked, suddenly very confused. "Your friend. The blonde one. I think he said his name was Jason?" Percy nodded, then looked back down at Nico. "Th doctors are going to look at him now, so you'll have to go home. We won't be done until after visiting hours." Percy nodded, then leaned down and kissed Nico again. "If he wakes up..." "We'll contact you immediately." Percy muttered a small thank you, then left the room. He looked up at the clock, then sighed. His mom was at work, so he would have to walk home. Right when he was walking out the door, he ran into someone. "Sor- oh... Hi, Jason..." Jason smiled. "I came to pick you up." Percy nodded and followed Jason to his car. He sat in the passenger seat and buckled, staring out the window as Jason drove him to his house.

Percy got out, furrowing his eyebrows as Jason did too. "What are you doing?" Jasons shrugged. "Waiting until your mom gets back. You can't be alone after what happened." Percy nodded, then walked inside. "I'm going to my room." "I-" "No. Just... Give me a few minutes alone, okay?" Percy asked and Jason nodded, sitting down on the couch and looking at his watch. Percy walked up to his room, collapsing on his back on the bed. He stared at the ceiling, then grabbed a pillow and covered his face with it. He screamed into it, then started crying.

About a half an hour later, he felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked up and smiled weakly at Jason. "Hey..." He mumbled and Jason smiled. "Hey. So uh... Can I...?" He pointed to the bed and Percy nodded. He sat down and Percy pushed himself up, leaning back against the headboard. Percy wiped his eyes and sighed. "You gave me more time then I thought you would..." "Well, I didn't want to come up during your tantrum and lose an arm." Jason joked and Percy laughed, then looked down. "Yeah... Sorry." "About what?" Jason asked. "About... You know..." When he saw how confused Jason looked he sighed. "Look... I-I know you still like me..." Jason nodded, his face saying he wanted to curl up in a ball in die, but he just smiled. "I do. I mean... I know you don't, but It's okay." Percy bit his lip. "Well... I mean... I-I don't know. I... I think I still like you.... Maybe...." Jason sighed, shaking his head. "Percy, you don't have to lie to me like that." "I'm not! I mean... I think I still like you... I just... Like other people?" Jason sighed, turning slightly so he could look at Percy better. "How did you get to see Nico?" "I... I said we were partners..." Jadon nodded. "So you do like him." Percy sniffed, then nodded. "Yeah... But... I like you too." Jason sighed. "You don't, but... You need it...." He cupped Percy's cheek, their faces only centimeters from each others. Percy smiled, then pressed their lips together.

A/N: *evil laughter* so... Jason and Percy. Yep.