Chapter Twenty Eight

Kat's POV

Aiden lifted me up after Ashton flushed my blades down the toilet Andy brought me to my bed.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"It's okay princess." Aiden said as he peeled back the covers, sliding in with me in his lap. I nuzzled my head into his shoulder, his arms going around my shaking body to hold me as I cried. 

Ashton smiled at me before leaving us alone.

"Why baby?"

"I-I just, I don't know. I can't be here anymore. It's too hard."

"You could come home with me. I know it's hard being here."

"I just feel like I'm alone all of the time. I know I'm not. I know I'm loved. I just don't feel  like I am."

"Baby, it's been weeks. Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't want to bother you. I felt like I would just annoy you fin I told you. Or stress you out. I'm sorry."

Aiden sighed and dug his nose into the top of my head hair. 

"Hey pretty girl..." Luke said as he entered my room with Michael and Ashton on his heels.

"Hi." I whispered.

"We uh... we have some n-news." Ashton stuttered.

"About?"

"Father." I tensed up, and Aiden felt it, for his grip tightened and he whispered words in my ear.

"It'll be fine. You'll be okay princess. Nothing will hurt you." He said.

"W-What about him?"

"He was bailed out of jail. I don't know how they could just let him go like that, but he'll be out in a few days." Tears clotted in my eyes, and Aiden rubbed my back.

"What are we gonna do?" I moved next to Aiden, and Luke scooped up to me.

"Well, we were thinking Ash and you could go with Michael and I, or you could split and you go with Aiden and Ash with us, or both of you to Aiden. We just don't want you guys to be here when he gets back." Luke said, lightly grasping my hand.

Now Michael and Ashton were sat on either corner of me bed, near the end.I looked to Ashton, and I saw a collection of emotions behind his eyes. Fear and worry were the biggest two.

"She's coming with me." Aiden stated firmly.

"Okay. What do you want to do, Ash?"

"I need to be close to Kat just incase. But, I know you've got limited space and parents to think about. Luke, you've got siblings and parents, and Michael is closer his place anyways, so if you don' mind, I'll stay with Mike."

"Yeah. That's fine." Michael nodded.

"He's going to find us, isn't he?" I asked.

"He might. But he win't get in arm's reach of you. I won't let him." Aiden reassured me.

"None of us will." Luke said. I smiled lightly, trying to force a positive look into the atmosphere. 

It didn't work.

"Tell you what, Why don't we go out to eat? We could catch a movie too." Ashton suggested.

I was still in my dress, and although Aiden thought I should just stay in that, I insisted to change.

In a few minutes, I came out in sweatpants, a t-shirt, and one of Aiden's jackets that he had left a few years ago.

"I was looking for that sweater." He proclaimed as we ass slid into Luke's car.