Chapter Thirty Seven

Aiden's POV 

"Baby, sleep. Please. He won't come, and if he does, you know I'll protect you." I looked up from the bed to the girl pacing around our room, chewing on her nails.

"But what if he does? He'll probably have his psychotic friends with him and he'll shoot both of us in our sleep."

"Do you want me to get Ash over here? I'm sure he wouldn't mind."

"No... no. It's fine. We'll just... go to bed. Yeah. It'll be fine. It's fine!" I watched her climb into bed, sliding down deep into the covers.

"You sure?"

"Yeah. Yes! It's completely okay. It's good. It's great!" I pulled her by her waist closer to me, digging my nose into her hair.

"Calm down baby. Nothing will happen." She relaxed to my touch, sinking into my embrace.

"Okay. Maybe you're right." I pulled her on top of my chest, petting her head.

"Or, maybe we could shower together to relax you."

"Shut up."

"Kissing me will shut me up faster." She stretched up, locking our lips into a sweet kiss. "Mm, you're sweet." I lightly touched her bum.

"And you're a little horny, Hmm?"

"Want to fix it?"

"I'm tired now, I think we should get to sleep." She rolled off of me, clicking off the light.

"Augh.. baby no!"

"I'm sleeping."

"Fine." I locked my arms around her, earning a sigh of content from Kat.

(The next morning)

Ashton's POV 

"Hey Mike?" I asked.

"Hmm?"

"Aiden called, he said Kat was worried that our father would come. Apparently he showed up at their date last night. I gotta get over there."

"Okay, want me to come? Actually - that's probably a family thing."

"Yeah, see ya." I slipped Mymensingh shoes on, jogging out to my car.

"Hello, son." I turned around, seeing my father leaning against the garage door. I said nothing, but my grip on the car's door handle made my knuckles turn white. 

"What do you want, Keith?"

"Oh, first names? Okay. Well, Ashton, I want you and Kat back. You're my kids. I own you. You can-"

"I'm eighteen."

"Not yet. You still have two months. As I was saying, I own both your worthless ungrateful hides. I'm getting both of you back. Starting with you." 

Suddenly a cloth was out onto my face from behind, and as things went black, all I could see was the sickening face of my repugnant father smirking.