Chapter Three

Aiden's POV

I walked Kat over to the empty park, sitting her down at a bench.

"Can you tell me what happened back there?" I asked and got no reply. "Kat, tell me." I said more sternly.

"It's nothing."

"It isn't nothing. Stop dismissing your problems. You've done this since we were little, and you need to stop."

"I'm fine, just, please leave the subject alone."

"No."

"Aid-"

"Tell me now."

"Fine, a few months after you left my-my mother left us, my father became a drunk and addict and he might hit me sometimes. Ashton started when dad did, too." A tear ran down her cheek and she cuddled into my side.

"I'm so sorry." She said nothing again. "C-can I ask you why Ashton started?"

"I don't know why. Sorry."

"Hey, don't say sorry. You've nothing to be sorry about."

"Sorry."

"Kat..."

"Oh, sor- yeah." She blushed. She's adorable. 

"Kat? Can I please take you home? I don't want you out here. It's getting dark and you're hurt, so I really couldn't care less if your father is home. I'll protect you."

"Can I confess something?"

"Shoot."

"I was going to die."

"What?!"

"I wrote you 725 letters. On the 730th, I was going to commit suicide. If you hadn't shown up, I would be dead in five days."

"I'm taking you back home."