Chapter Twenty Seven

Ashton's POV 

I ran away from Kat's bedroom door, frantically looking for my phone. Finally I found it and dialed Aiden's number.

"Nine - Ugh, What is it?!"

I eventually figured it out, holding the piece of technology to my ear.

"Ash? Is everything-"

"Aiden. It's Kat."

"I'm coming."

"Please hurry. I don't know what she could be doing." Tears came to my eyes, but I fought them away.

"Where is she?"

"Her room. Sh-She exploded on me. I pushed her a little, and s-she just broke." My voice faltered.

"About what?"

"This place. Our house. I knew it was hard but not this hard. I just dismissed it. I'm terrible."

"Calm down. G-go talk to her. Make sure she's still there." You could hear the panic in his voice, and I heard his car speed up over the phone. "I'm almost there."

I went back to her door, hearing her sniffles and cries.

"K-Kat?"

"I'm sorry." I heard her whisper. She let out a stifled cry of pain.

"Open the damn door, Kat!" I pounded on it.

"Forgive me." 

"Katrina Elisabeth Irwin, open the door or I'll break it down!" I used my shoulder to band on the door, but I wasn't strong enough. 

Suddenly Aiden was beside me, also hitting it. Together the door busted down, and we ran in to see Kat curled on her bathroom floor, blood gushing from her wrists. 

Aiden dropped down, immediately holding a towel to her arms.

"I-I'm sorry." She cried.

"I am too." I held her face while Aiden somehow stopped the blood. 

"I don't want to live anymore."

"Hey, don't say that." I cooed.

"I'm alone. I'm just here. I don't want to be alone anymore."

"You're not. I'm here. Ashton and I are here. We both love you so much. Please don't leave us." Aiden cried too, leaving her now bandaged wrists to hold her. "You know I love you, right?" He asked her.

She didn't answer, resulting in him ho,ding her head to his chest.

"Y-yes. I do. I love you too." She whispered, and I saw his grip tighten. 

I wrapped my arms around her other side, making sure she was encased in both our arms.

"We're never letting you go." I said, petting her head. 

I stood up, taking the blades from her bloody hands and throwing them in the toilet and flushing  it.

"Never." I muttered.