Chapter Thirty Eight

Katrina's POV 

I am currently snuggled up with Aiden on the couch, pizza on the coffe table and a blanket wrapped tightly around us. I interrupted our warm embrace by lifting my vibrating phone up. Michale was calling.

"Michael? Is everything oka-"

"He got Ashton." My heart sank and I stood up. Aiden looked at me with a worried expression.

"Wh-What?"

"Y-your father. Ash... h-he was going to go to see you and and, your father took him." Michael was clearly distraught.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Y-yes. Your father left a note."

"Okay, uh..." Tears came to my eyes. "We're coming over. Er, Get Luke. Okay?"

"O-okay." I hung up the phone, looking at Aiden who was already there to hug me. 

"He has Ashton. H-he got him." I collapsed into Aiden's arms. 

"It's gonna be okay. We'll find him."

"We need to get over to M-Michael's house."

"Okay. Let's go baby." The drive was painfully slow and quiet. Aiden held my hand the entire time, which gave me a little comfort, but not too much.

"I'm so sorry Kat." Michale locked me and him together in a tight hug as soon as he stepped through the doorway. He was trying to hold back tears, but both of us seeing the other almost crying made us crack.

"I-it's Okay. He'll be fine."

"It's all my fault. I-it's my fault he's gone."

"No it isn't. Don't you dare start thinking like that. It's nobody's fault but that thieving snake of a man I call my father, okay?"

"O-okay." He took Aiden and I to his living room where Luke was already sitting there. "Um, here's the note." Michale layed it on the small black table infront of the couch.

Give me Kat.

You have two days for a decision.

If you don't give me what I want, then I'll be forced to knock you guys off one by one.

Meet me at the park after you make your decision.

See you soon, Kitty Kat.

Sincerely, 

Your father

"That bastar-"

"Aiden," I set my hand on his knee.

"Kat, don't pretend to be okay with this. That man is a psychotic bastard who thinks that we'll just hand you over."

"I'm not going to stand by and just watch him hurt you all! Especially not you, Aiden."

"No. Never. He can hurt me all he wants, I'm not letting him breathe on you until I'm dead."

"But that's what he'll do! He will kill you. Why would I want to just sit and watch? I'm not letting you sacrifice yourself for me."

"That's what I'm supposed to do! I have to protect you. I need to protect you. Do you really think I'm going to stand by and let him take you? You're everything I have, Kat. My parents are never around, I've got no siblings or friends. You always were my everything. You still are. I'm not going to let that be taken away from me, Kat. I love you and I'm going to hunt down that bastard that ever dared to touch you." Aiden walked out of the room, leaving Michael comforting me while the tears streamed down my face.