Chapter Thirty Nine

Katrina's POV 

"Kat, it's okay babe. You don't need to worry about Aiden, or Ashton. Michael is calling the police right now. They'll find Ash, and Aiden won't get hurt." Luke rubbed my back while Michael phoned the police.

"He's going to get hurt. I know it. They're both going to get killed."

"No, they won't. I promise you that we'll all come out of this in perfect health."

"Really?"

"Yes. Of course." I looked him in his eyes, not believing him. He tried to look reassuring, but behind his eyes was a thick layer of worry, concern, and distress.

"O-okay." He seemed to brighten a little, but not much.

"Fucking bitch." Michael stormed back into the room.

"What is it?"

"That fuckn' receptionist said we can't file a missing persons report until after forty eight hours. And she thinks that Ash just ran away. Bitch."

"Mike, cool it. After the waiting time is up, we'll try again. It's fine."

"No, it's not fine, Kat. Ash is fucking gone and it's all my pathetic ass's fault."

"Stop it, Michael! You know it's not! If anybody is to blame, it's me. I'm the one who wanted him to come comfort me. I was too weak to just stick it out."

"But if I had-"

"Shut up! Both of you! It's nobody's fault, okay? Not Kat's, not Michael's, so let's stop trying to blame ourselves and maybe we should try and look for Ashton and Aiden." Luke pulled us out, shoving us into his car.

Ashton's POV 

A bright woke me out of a dead sleep. My mind was clouded, my vision hazed, and my entire brain was throbbing. 

I was laying on the cold cement ground of a basement.

"Finally awake I see." I sat up, seeing my father looking at me.

"You fuc-"

"Save your breath. Wouldn't want to make that terrible throat ache worse, Hmm?" Now that he mentions it, my throat is a little sore. I tried to sit up, but my legs were numb and half asleep, so I stayed on the floor.

"What do you need so badly that you had to kidnap your own kids?"

"Oh, I don't need you, just Kat. You just seemed like good leverage."

"For what?"

"Kat, obviously. Do you really think that she would just let me have free reign over you without trying to stop me? That little note ai left them should make her decision, anyways."

"What did you do?!"

"Nothing, yet. Why?"

"You're a sick bastard, you know that?"

"Aww, how sweet."

"What do you want with Kat?"

"Have you seen that girl? Her body is fucking hot. Plenty of people would kill to be able to get their hands on her body." My jaw clenched. "You're just here so I can rough you up a bit and then have Kat see and make her come over to me by the sight of you."

"That's revolting."

"But it works, so, is it?"

"Yes. You're a twisted, sick, pathetic man."

"I'll still get my way. Katrina is too weak to stand by and watch. I may be crazy, but I'll get what I want. I always get what I want."

With that he left me sitting alone on the cold floor, my legs numb and rage slowly fusing into my veins.