Chapter Four: The Extra Champion

This one'll be EXTREMELY short. Enjoy!

It was time.

Time for the champions to be chosen.

The Hufflepuffs wanted Cedric Diggory.

The Gryffindors wanted Angelina Johnson.

Who would it be?

Hiccup honestly didn't care. For his House's sake, he supposed he should probably hope the Goblet of Fire chose Cedric, but Merida, Rapunzel, and Jack were all three hoping for Angelina. Anna had chosen to come sit with him (Elsa remained at the Ravenclaw table), so the two sat at the end of the Hufflepuff table, waiting for the goblet to announce its verdict.

Finally, Dumbledore stood. "Well, the goblet is almost ready to make its decision. I estimate that it requires ones more minute. Now, when the champions' names are called, I would ask them please to come up to the top of the Hall, walk along the staff table, and go into the next chamber, where they will be receiving their first instuctions." He waved his wand once, and all the candles in the Hall except the ones in the jack-o-lanterns went out. Everyone waited.

"Maybe you're right, Hiccup, maybe it's not worth it," Anna whimpered.

"It'll be fine," Hiccup said reassuringly. He didn't really want either of the sisters to be chosen, because what if one of them was killed?

The flames inside the goblet turned bright red. Sparks flew from it. A tongue of flame shot into the air, a charred piece of parchment on the end of it. Dumbledore reached out and caught it. "The champion for Durmstrang... will be Viktor Krum!"

A few seconds later, the goblet spit out another name. "The champion for Beauxbatons..."

Anna's hand found Hiccup's.

"...is Fleur Delacour!"

Anna released an almighty sigh of relief. Hiccup smiled, and they dropped hands.

A few seconds later, another name flew from the goblet. "The Hogwarts champion... is Cedric Diggory!"

The Hufflepuff table positively roared with applause. Hiccup was the only one who didn't give Cedric a standing ovation; he clapped respectfully. The cheers for Cedric went on for so long it was awhile before Dumbledore could make himself heard.

"Excellent! Well, we now have our three champions. I am sure I can count upon all of you, including the remaining students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, to give your champions every ounce of support you can muster. By cheering your champion on, you will contribute in a very real --"

But Dumbledore went silent, and everyone could see why. A fourth name was released from the Goblet of Fire. Dumbledore reached out and grabbed it, and for several moments he stared at the slip, and everyone stared at him.

He cleared his throat and read:

"Harry Potter."

Well, this chapter was miniscule, but I'll see if I can get another long one up later. I mean, this one isn't five hundred words. It might be once I'm done with this but whatever.

Were you expecting that? Were you expecting one of the four's names to come out? Well you were WRONG! It's still (500 words) Harry! But the four will help Harry. It's obvious how Hiccup will, but whatever.

So, bye!

And that's a grand total of, at the end of this sentence, 533 words! ;)