"pretend"

Can - (cut Tin off) I can't just sit here knowing what I saw and not talk about it, Tin!

Can raised his voice and made Tin startled a little.

Tin - you can just pretend you didn't see anything like everyone else!

Can stared unbelievably at Tin.

Can - like everyone else?

Tin looked down at the fire as it flickers a little towards his direction when the wind blew on it.

Tin - even my mom pretends that she didn't see anything.

Can's eyes widen.

Tin - but I don't blame her though. I know my mom is weak and it will just be a tantrum if she tries to stop my dad. In fact, I feel sorry for her.

Can - sorry? ("You should feel sorry for yourself.")

Tin - (looked up at the dark sky) even though she acts like she doesn't care about me, I knew in her heart, she cries for me every time when my dad hits me. And then she'll waits until everyone were asleep so she could sneak into my room with the first aid kit. (Smiled) it's funny how she thinks that I couldn't hear her. When I was a kid I used to have deep sleep. Not anymore though, but she still keeps that in mind for years. She would treat my wounds and I could hear her cry softly. I didn't want to make her feel awkward so I pretended to be asleep. I don't know if she notices that I was awake the whole time.

Can felt pain. The aches had crept its way into his chest and he wanted to scream. He wanted to ease the pain. Tin's life is so dark.

Can - why didn't you ask her?

Tin - (shrugged) it's better to receive love silently than not receive any at all.

Can - why is your father so mad at you?

Tin finally sighed and looked at Can.

Tin - do you really want to know?

Can nodded with sincerity in his eyes.

Tin - why?

Can - you can talk about your mom but you can't talk about your dad?

Tin - cuz I hate him.

Can stared at Tin without a blink, telling Tin to continue.

Tin - it all started because of my older brother.

Can - (shocked) you have an older brother? I didn't know that.

Tin - he's married now and lives with his family. I hate him so much.

Can leaned forward.

Can - so, how did it all started?

Tin - I wasn't supposed to be born. It was a mistake. My parents wanted only one child. When my brother knew about that, he started to hate me just because he thinks that I will steal all of the attention. When we were young he would find faults for me every time he had the chance. My dad started to hit me when I was only 4 years old.

Can - (wrinkled his eyebrows) that's awful.

Tin - (yawned) well I'm tired. Gonna go to sleep.

Tin leaned back to a tree and closed his eyes immediately. Can gasped.

Can - ow, Ai Tin... hey? Just like that?

With a few more whines, Can finally quit and went to sleep also.

Tin opened his eyes and turned to look at Can who moved to sleep next to him.

Tin - ("please Can... don't make me feel closer to you than I already am... or else... it will be hard for me to forget about you.")

************author's note*************

Thanks for voting and comments! Sorry, this chapter is kind of short.