rain

After breakfast, Tin and Can walked Lily and Rose to school. They had only two umbrellas so Tin and Can each carried one as the girls walked in between them.

It was a fun sight to see Tin joked around with the two girls and made them giggles. Can have never seen this side of Tin before. It's so refreshing and warm. Can never thought that Tin's smile were be so…so...

….beautiful...

Can snapped out of his thought. He blinked his eyes a few times and also surprised to why he would have such a thought in mind. Before he could think any further, they already reached the school.

Tin -  I'll make sure to come pick you guys up. Have fun and study hard.

Lily and Rose - okay!

Tin gave his umbrella to Rose and waved goodbye to them as they ran inside the school.

The atmosphere switched to awkwardness and the rain wasn't helping either due to pouring nonstop. Can did offered to share his umbrella with Tin but Tin rejected the offer. He walked ahead from Can as he was already soaking wet. Can couldn't bear watching him so he ran and stood beside him, sheltering him with the umbrella.

Tin - (pushed Can with his elbow.) I said I don't need it.

Can - (hesitated) hey I don't want you getting sick okay.

Tin - (turned to look at Can) why? You worry?

Can was about to say something but Tin cuts him off.

Tin - don't be. I like to walk in the rain and I never get sick.

Can - wow, tough guy.

Tin could hear the sarcasm in Can's voice.

Can - I'm not worrying. I just don't want you to get sick later on when there'll be a chance we can go home.

Tin - (looked ahead) if that's the case then you can just go on without me.

Can - (gazed at Tin angrily) we were in this mess together, we will go back together.

Can's voice was steady and loud, almost sounded like a command.

Tin - I didn't mean to make you mad. If for some reason you returned home first, then I will eventually follow behind.

Can didn't want to hear it anymore.

Can - no, this conversation didn't need to happen. Both. Of. Us. Will return home together.

Can looked at the road ahead. They still far from reaching the resting area. How come the way back seems so long now? Especially when he stuck with Tin like this.

Tin - I'm sorry. I know you're not happy because we couldn't go to the station today and I also said stupid things to rubbed it in even more...it was foolish of me. I apologize.

Can - (glanced at Tin without turning his head) I don't get you. Am I the only person who's trying to get us back home or what? I feel like I'm the only one who is frustrating.

Tin stopped walking and made Can stopped also. The truth about Tin, he doesn't want to go back right now. He didn't want to face his reality. He wants to ease his mind here. He wants to heal first before going back. And because of all that, he is happy that today, it rain.

Tin - frustration won't get you anywhere.

Can - I know but at least act like you care a little so I don't have to feel so alone.

Tin's facial softens.

Tin - alone?

Can could hear the concern in Tin's voice.

Tin - is being with me make you feel lonely?

Can - (shook his head) no. I didn't mean it like that--

Tin - I'm sorry. I didn't know… I'll try to be better okay?

Can shook his head again, not wanting Tin to feel bad about himself.

Can - Tin, you don't have to try anything. Just forget what I said.

Tin held onto Can shoulders and pulled him to him. Can was surprised. He tried to pull away but he couldn't.

Tin - I can't forget.

Can's eyes met Tin's. The eyes that used to craved for priority was now showing nothing but innocent and caring. It actually made Can believe that he changes Tin after all.

Tin - you're not going to be lonely anymore. I'll make sure you get to see your family again.