Brother talk

It was too much to get through in Tul's head. He might even believe it if someone told him this is just a dream. What should he do? What should he say to Tin right now? He's confused, lost, and pined for his long, lost brother, who just came back.

Tin stares awkwardly at his once called 'big brother' about 30 seconds, then he spoke.

Tin - Hi.

Tul opened his mouth but nothing came out so Tin continued talking.

Tin - I arrived at your house and your housekeeper told me that you guys are here...

Tul almost gasped. Apparently, his house would be the last place Tin would want to stop by.

Tul - M...my house?

Tin - I want to see Mia.

Tul exhaled and nodded understandably, still couldn't believe that Tin was standing right in front of him.

Tin - May I see her?

Tul - (snapped out of his shocking thoughts) Ye-yeah! Wait up.

Tul stumbled on his steps and rushed back inside the house. Tin was as severe as his big brother was. He didn't at all have the thought that it would be this hard to see his family again. He thought it would be simple just like when he made the decision to come back.

Tin stood outside the gate and saw Mia came running out of the house, followed by Tul.

She almost trips when she galloped into Tin's arms, crying.

Tin - (hugged Mia) Mia, be careful!

Mia - Uncle Tin! You're back! I missed you so much! (Hugged him like she would never let go.)

Tin - I missed you too, Mia.

Mia - (let go of him to have a look at him) where did you go? Why didn't you come back to me?

Tin - (smiled weakly) Mia, I'm sorry.

Mia - it's okay cuz right now you're back! I missed you so much! (Threw herself to him again and he laughed)

Sitting on the swings outside of the backyard, Mia giggles every time Tin pushed her to go higher. Nana walked to them quietly just to hear Mia cried out to her happily.

Mia - Mama, look! uncle is back! He's pushing me on the swing right now!

Nana - (smiled with tears in her eyes.) Yes, I can see that. Mia, how about you go find your father, okay?

Mia - Okay!

Tin helped her off her swing and she quickly ran inside.

After Mia was no longer in sight, Nana sat on a bench and gestured Tin to come sit next to her. He did.

Nana stared at Tin the whole time and burst out tears. Tin quickly took out a handkerchief out of his pocket and handed it to her. She grabbed it along with Tin's hand.

Nana - I just can't believe that it's really you. You've been gone for so long... thank god you're okay...

Tin - sister-in-law, please don't cry. I'm sorry for what I put you and Mia through.

Nana - it doesn't affect me as much as it affects your brother. Tul never gives up hope. He kept looking for you for the past few years. (Cried) I'm not much of a help for him at all. I really did believe that you were drowned in the ocean and I kept telling him to stop looking for you. I'm sorry... I'm so sorry...

Tin - It's not your fault. You don't need to be sorry.

Nana - When you talk to Tul again, please I might sound a little selfish but I want you to understand... please don't get mad at Tul anymore. he really did deserve what he deserves. I don't want him to suffer anymore. I beg of you.

Tin just gave her a smile.

Then Mia came running back to the backyard holding her father's hand.

Mia - mama, I found Papa!

After Nana took Mia inside to make cookies for Tin and grandma, Tul went to sit on where Nana sat. It's already weird enough for brothers to have a momentous conversation, especially when they haven't seen each other for a very long time.

Tul - s-so what did my wife say to you?

Tin shifted his eyes to him but not his face.

Tin - she begged me to forgive you.

Tul's eyes widen at what Tin said. Surely, Tin doesn't have to be so specific. But more likely, Tul felt ashamed that his wife was the one who begged in his place.

Tul - well, I suppose that made me embarrassed.

Tin - (wrinkled his eyebrows together) no, you should be grateful. (Tul turned to look at him) you have people that love you, you always have. Seeing you suffer will break their hearts, so stop suffering.

Memories returned to Tul's head, when he was a kid, he watched his father beat the crap out of Tin. Not even once he would feel sympathetic toward his little brother. He was the cause of it all.

Tul - Can't I just felt guilty for what I have done to you?

Tin - we were kids back then. We do stupid stuff just to satisfy our own greed.

Tul - but what I did to you was unacceptable.

Tin - (scoffed) I went to school and bully those who are weaker than me. I made them feel miserable just so they can be scared of me. It's unacceptable either way.

Tul - but I'm the cause of it. I'm the reason why you evolve this way.

Tin was being impatient. If they just going to talk like this there will be no end to it.

Tin - so what do you want? Are you just going to keep blaming yourself? You're not even going to ask me for forgiveness.

Tul - because... you're not saying anything to me. (Tin gave him a face of confusion.) You are not throwing tantrum at me.

Tin - why would I--

Tul - I just want you to know that I'm truly sorry! Can't you just be a little bit mad at me? The morning when I found out that you are not here anymore, starting that day, every night, I go to sleep having the same freaking nightmare all the time. Nightmares of you getting beat up, blood shattered everywhere... I always go up to the cabinet and grabbed the beating stick over and over, from dream to another dream, it repeats. Do you remember the time when I stole father's money to buy me cigarettes and I accused it on you? Father was already at it...beating you up. he kept yelling, "did you do it? did you do it?" And no matter how much you tried to deny it, father just hits you even more. You have no choice but to took the blame.

Tin - stop it. I don't want to hear it.

Tin stood up and about to leave.

Tul - I'm not done, Tin. (Tin stopped his steps.) I'm telling you my flaws because you're not doing it. I'm doing this because I have to.

Tin - so you confessing it on to me? If you so sorry about it and why didn't you bring it up in front of a bunch of people then?

Tul - (stood up) You want it that way? fine, let's go. (Pulled Tin's arm)

Tin - (flinched) I'm kidding. Are you trying to make us look stupid? you are the child that everyone loves. No one will believe you anyway.

Tul - yes they will. That beating stick, I remember clearly that blood was all over it. Surely it left scars, right?

Tul lifted Tin's shirt and revealed Tin's back.

Tin - let go! (Pushed Tul)

Tul stared at his little brother who was frustrated at the situation. It's been four years and Tin still have the same face when he was a kid.

Tul - you're still the same. You never want to talk about your pain and about what you've been through. I bet you never tell anybody about what me and father did to you. (Tears began to form) this is not what I want, Tin... this is not what I want from you right now.

************author's note*************
Hello everyone I'm sorry for not updating. I just got back from vacation and I couldn't find the time to write a chapter for you guys so I'm so sorry. Hopefully, now I could go back to my normal schedule.