CHAPTER 16 - CRYING WOLF - PART 1

Chapter 16 – Crying Wolf

Elijah’s Prov

Today Kaleena and I were going to the Lockwood mansion for a tea party that was being hosted there by Carol Lockwood, in my honour because of the fact that I was meant to be writing a book about small towns in Virginia. And my first stop was Mystic Fall’s because of its rich history. And it was a rich history, most people just didn’t know the full story.

I still could not believe that the doppelganger was born her after a thousand year after her predecessor. I mean I had heard of the saying history repeating its self but a doppelganger being born in Mystic Fall’s after so long, that was just freaky. And I’d seen some freaky things in my thousand years.

The tea and cakes at the Lockwood Mansion were ok, not the best I’d ever had. But they were some of the best I’d had this century, at the very least. And as Kaleena and I were being shown off to the socialites of the town of Mystic Fall’s “the Founding Families” as it were.

But who should show up but Damon Salvortore. I did not think he would show up given the werewolf problem he and the rest of the scobby gang were having. Right away I could tell he was going to be his arrogant self today and that I’d have to put him in his place. Again! What was it with these young people today, weren’t they ever told not to piss off an original. 

As Carol introduced us to each other I could tell he was a little surprised by the name I and Kaleena were going by. I did not know why, smith was a very simple and forgettable name. There were so many of them in the world and I did not want Niklaus to know where we were an till I told him. The name Elijah was a distinctive name, but smith wasn’t. Putting the more dim supernatural people off my scent, so to speak. Add the fact if I used the name Mikealson Mikeal or Klaus would be here in a blink of an eye. And that I did not need, nor want.

As Damon and I walked into carols dead husbands old office, we began talking about his and the scobby gang little werewolf problem. He then tried to put his hands on me. I had him by the trout and up against the wall in a matter of seconds, before he even registered that I had moved.

He Damon made an obscene comment about the fact that it was not part of the deal Elena and I had made, to the fact that I could kill him. What type of man was he, hiding be hide his brothers girlfriends deal. And if I remember correctly the deal I made and I do. I promised that I would protect him and the rest of the scobby gang, from other forces. I never said anything about protecting them from myself, now did I.