Chapter Twenty-Five

My throat hurts. I couldn't help but cough as the hands wrapped tightly on my neck. The grip was so strong that I swear my bones will break in a few seconds.

"H-Help," I tried to say but it only came out as croaked.

In one second, I heard a loud flap of wings. The next second, the hands that were on my neck was gone.

Sinapo ko ang leeg ko at umuubo pa rin sa sakit. I supported myself with one hand and sat up from the bed. A gasp escaped me when I witnessed how the girl was slammed against the wall.

It wasn't just the two of us anymore. A guy has joined us. He was wearing a long black coat and his black hair was quite long even if it was tied up in a low messy ponytail. If it wasn't for his manly built, baka napagkamalan ko siyang babae.

He lifted his hand and black smoke emitted from the girl's mouth. I saw how the black color drained from her eyes and was replaced with normal pair of human eyes. Her eyes closed and she fell on the floor with a thud.

He lifted his hand a white flame floated on top of his palm. He graciously lifted his palm and the white flame dissolved like ashes until it was gone.

He heavily sighed not out of exhaustion but more of annoyance. He snapped his hand and suddenly pointed at the corner. "You." I heard a rustle and suddenly, a girl who's wearing a white robe magically appeared on the corner of the room. "Take that girl back to room 604."

That voice... My lips parted. I know that voice.

"Yes, Azrael," the girl serenely exclaimed. I gasped and covered my mouth when it caught their attention. I know that voice too! The girl gracefully smiled at me. "Hi, Fabie!"

"Youngling!" the guy sternly called out.

The girl straightened. In just a second, she flashed from where she's standing to the unconscious girl who was on the floor. She smiled at me before disappearing into thin air. Pati ang babae ay nawala rin.

"What... the... hell?"

"Don't use that word lightly." Azrael finally turned around to face me. His eyes were bright silvers. My jaw dropped at the sight of it. It looked... beautiful.

I took my time in staring at every inch of his face. He looked beautiful too. Even with the cold and don't-mess-with-me expression. There's something about him that looked... majestic.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I'm Azrael. Angel of Death. We used to be friends."

I gasped but ended up coughing for my life. "What?"

I heard a subtle flap of wings and he disappeared. I nearly fell on the floor when he suddenly appeared on the end of the bed. He was in an Indian sit position. He supported his chin with one hand and gazed at me with curiosity.

He pursed his lips. "I don't like this shell."

Walang pumapasok sa utak ko. Hindi ko maintidihan ang sinasabi niya. It was as if he was speaking in another language.

"What are you talking about? Ano ka? Angel? And what was that earlier? Was that a..."

"A lowly demon. Nothing to worry about," he flippantly said.

Is this really happening? Or am I just dreaming? I must be dreaming. This can't possibly be true. It must be the place. The air is producing hallucinogens and all of these are just a product of imagination. I'm imagining things.

"Oh my God. I'm going crazy," I muttered to myself.

A flap of wings and suddenly, Azrael was in front of my face and he was holding my mouth with his hand. "Don't use Our Father's name in vain."