11; Escape

2016 Berlin, Germany
"Can't read all that in a museum."

Katherine now stood in a room with her husband, her kids, Sam and Sharon Carter. She had overrode the restricted access of the TV in the room so Katherine and Steve could listen to Bucky's psych evaluation. Katherine held Bucky's picture that had been released to the public in her hands, because she was still trying to put the pieces together.

"Why would the Task Force release this photo to begin with?" Katherine asked.

"Get the word out, involve as many eyes as we can?" Sharon said back to her, and Katherine nodded her head.

"Exactly. It's a good way to flush a guy out of hiding. I know a thing or two about it." She said.

"Set off a bomb, get your picture taken. Get seven billion people looking for the Winter Soldier." Steve said.

"Are you two trying to say that someone framed him to find him?" Sharon asked.

"Steve, Kat. . we looked for the guy for two years and found nothing." Sam said.

"We also didn't bomb the UN. That turns a lot of heads." Katherine said.

"Yeah, but that doesn't guarantee that whoever framed him would get him. It guarantees that we would." Sharon said. Steve and Katherine both looked at each other, before Steve looked back up at the screen.

"Yeah."

Then the lights went out. Steve and Katherine looked around, wondering where it suddenly came from, and Sharon looked at them. "Sub level five, east wing." She said, telling them where Bucky was at. Katherine looked at her kids.

"Stay here, do not move. Sharon, watch them, please." Katherine said. Sharon nodded her head.

"I will, go."

When they got to where he was, they noticed a lot of officers down on the ground. Then they heard a faint cry for help, and when Steve walked in there, and he slammed the man against he wall.

"Who are you? What do you want?" Steve asked.

"To see an empire fall." He said.

Right as Katherine walked in the room, Bucky came out of nowhere and threw a punch, which she was able to duck out of the way for. She caught his arm, but he punched her in the gut and then grabbed her chin before throwing her forward. "Shit." She groaned.

"Kat. . come on." Sam Wilson said, lightly shaking her. Katherine's eyes focused towards the outside of the room, where the guy that Steve slammed against the wall was looking through the elevator shaft that Bucky just put Steve through.

"Hey!" She exclaimed as Sam helped her off the ground, right as he started to run.

So they ran after him.

"Steve!"

Katherine, Sam, and Steve were all in an abandoned building that they brought Bucky too. Katherine communicated to Natasha that she wanted her kids wherever Vision and Wanda were, knowing they would be safe there. Even though she didn't agree with Tony's method of basically trapping Wanda, she didn't know what else to do with her kids. She didn't want them out here with her and Steve, not yet.

"Steve. . Katherine." Bucky said, after he had come down from the trigger words that had set him off.

"Which Bucky are we talking to?" Steve asked.

"Your mom's name was Sarah. You used to wear newspapers in your shoes." Bucky said, and laughed a little, and then he looked at Katherine. "Your mom's name was Giulia Moretti, you told me you used to dress up in her clothes and imagine what it was like to be older. . prettier, even though I told you all the time you were the prettiest girl I've ever seen." Bucky said to her.

Steve and Katherine looked at each other, knowing it was Bucky their friend in front of them. "Can't read all that in a museum." Steve said.

"Just like that was supposed to be cool?" Sam asked.

"What did I do?" Bucky asked.

"Enough." Steve said.

"Oh, God. . I knew this would happen." He said, and then he looked at the two of them. "I didn't hurt your kids, did. .-" Katherine cut him off.

". .-No, Buck. . don't worry about that." She said, shaking her head.

"Everything HYDRA put inside of me is still there. All he had to do was say the goddamn words." Bucky said.

"Who was he?" Steve asked.

"I don't know." Bucky responded.

"People are dead. The bombing, the setup. . the doctor did all that just to get 10 minutes with you. I need you to better than I don't know." Steve said.

"He wanted to know about Siberia. Where I was kept. He wanted to know exactly where." Bucky said.

"Why would he need to know that?" Katherine asked, she wasn't expecting his next words.

"Because I'm not the only Winter Soldier." Bucky said, and then he explained to the three of them about where he was trained at, and how others were trained just like him as well.

"Who were they?" Steve asked.

"Their most elite death squad. More kills than anyone in HYDRA history, and that was before the serum." He said. Hearing all of this made Katherine feel like such a failure. Her main goal throughout the forties, fifties, sixties, and seventies, was mainly to bring down HYDRA, every Agent, everything about them, and she had no idea that they were building their own soldiers.

"They all turn out like you?" Sam asked him.

"Worse." Bucky said.

"The doctor, could he control them?" Steve asked.

"Enough." Bucky said.

"He said he wanted to see an empire fall." Steve said.

"With these guys, he could do it. They speak 30 languages, can hide in plain sight. . infiltrate, assassinate, destablize. They can take a whole country down in one night, you'd never see them coming." Bucky said. Sam walked over to Steve and Katherine and spoke in a hushed tone.

"This would've been a lot easier a week ago." He said to them.

"If we call Tony. .-" Sam cut Katherine off.

". .-Oh, he won't believe us." Sam said.

"Even if he did. .-" This time, Sam cut Steve off.

". .-Who knows if the Accords would even let him help." Sam said, and the couple sighed. They were running out of options, and fast.

"We're on our own, then." Katherine said.

"Maybe not. I know a guy."

Ooh, and who is this guy that Sam knows? Stay tuned.

Don't forget to vote/comment.

xoxo.