Sarah Lawrence 1960

I was going to College. My internship was fun and all but It would be interesting. I was going to Sarah Lawrence College in Yonkers, New York. I moved into Lynd House in August and received a call from Mr. Carter (Kennedy) shortly after my parents returned to London. I also received a call from parents a couple days later.

My roommate was Barbara Connelly. A beautiful buxom brunette with deep blue eyes and a permeant smirk. Barbara was the kind of girl to brag about her conquest which was an odd thing for me to dislike but I did in fact dislike it. Barbara was not someone I would think that I would be friends with but... I am friends with Barbara.

On Friday, I had arranged to call Jack from the phone station. I called him during lunch when no one was around. 

"Hello, " A soft voice answered. I recognized it as Jackie's. 

"Hello, It is Cressida Waterhouse, I wanted to speak to Mr. Carter (a code name) and say thank you for the internship." 

There was mumbling and I said "Can you tell Mr. Carter that I will speak to him tomorrow or Sunday." 

Jackie's soft voice answered "I will" and I hung up.  I missed my call with Jack which was oddly disappointing but made it clear that I would call him later. It sucks that it was Jackie. 

-----------------------------------------------Late---------------------------------------------------------

I was in my dorm when Barbara called from down the hall. A "Mr. Carter." was calling.

"Hey, This is Cres--" 

"I heard you called earlier." 

"At a prearranged meeting time" 

"I know." 

"It was --Ms. Bouvier" I flickered my eyes around. "I had to tell her that. The one person that I don't want to hurt.. anymore than I already do just simply by being another girl  and I told her. I couldn't hang up- the amount of people who heard my voice and... you arranged this." 

"I know." 

"So.. hows life in Washington. Enjoying your first autumn as president." 

I smiled serenely 

"Cressie..."

"It was a Joke, Jock." he laughed.

"You.. picked a name.." 

"Yup, Jock." 

"When are we meeting next...?"