Maîtresse préférée

Sex was a seemingly important part of life and my function as his mistress was quite simply as his favorite person to have sex with. I was discreet, reckless, sexual, and did not give a damn. But I did have few rules mainly to cover our asses. 

Throughout my life, I had  been considered sexually alluring although my affair life ended quite early.  I was told later that having me around was like having a slap in the face to those who wanted to be like me. I represented what Jacqueline Kennedy had hoped to be which was interesting but I was also a representation of Inga Arvad. not to me or even according to me. 

Where as she was the "perfect" German, sophisticated, and perfectly blonde, I was not that but somehow I was more alike her in attitude.  I would later meet Inga who would wistfully speak of Jack and how if she wasn't the perfect german, maybe Jacqueline wouldn't be Jack's widow. But then, a tinge of doubt, much like mine, seeped in and she said "But, I was soo much older than... but... you-" 

"Me what?"

"You are similar to me.. I guess. I can see a little of me in you. That's probably why you are referred to as the Maitresse Preferee. You do not give a shit about who he is, society, but you know you would do anything to protect him, you, and your hearts, both of them.  I gave my heart to him and it was returned slightly damaged not by the one I gave my heart too but his hypocritical father."

Jack Kennedy was a fundamentally good man, a loyal man to his friends and family. Jack had kept plenty of hearts but he thought of only two as people who had his heart, Inga Avard: The beautiful German who stole it in 1940s and kept it for many years, and an unknown girl.