Chapter One

People ask me how I met the love of my life, we were so different, other than one thing we both knew one person, one very dangerous person because every toxic, mind-boggling, can't live without relationship always starts with a lot of danger. But that is the truth that is how I met my devil and he leads me to the beginning of how I met the love of my life

Alexis and I have always been invited to house parties, or at least Alexis was, I'm invited through association to the great Alexis Dunhill, I love her completely, she's my best friend and my cousin, but sometimes, I wish I was more than her tag along. "Vee, are you listening?" the sound of Alexis' voice shocks me into realisation, the car slows and becomes to a halt next to the sidewalk. "Do you want to go shopping tomorrow, I got paid today so I'm up for it if you are." I look over at her and as normal I'm stuck for words.

She gets slightly irritated and rolls her eyes at me. "Right sorry, Um, don't you having filming tomorrow?" She shakes her head and smiles, she grabs my hand and squeezes tightly, I nod at her as she climbs out the car, I climb out following her. Before I even step out the car I hear the music pulsing, I just smirk at the song choice - it's my Dad, even though no one really knows that he is, it's my own little secret - as Alexis rounds the front of her car she gives me a knowing smirks as she grabs my hand and squeeze again, her eyes are glued forward and mine go anywhere else.

I nudge Alexis in the hip and she gives me an irritated look, I guide her eyes to the driveway to our far right, it's mostly full of people smoking because the host refuses to have it in his house, one sets his eyes deeply onto Alexis, typical, he presses his lit cigarette to his lips, his eyes never leaving Alexis, he inhales and takes a deep breath out, Alexis tugs me along rolling her eyes as she walks away from him. "Babe, promise me that you will not get with him." As soon as the words leave her lips I slip into a world of confusion.

When we reach the top the porch steps I turn to look at her aware that my face is full of confusion, "Hun, he is obviously into you, just like everyone, ever." She looks at me like I'm speaking a foreign language. She smiles and starts to laugh slightly, shaking her head.

She steps towards me and pulls me into a hug, when she steps back and looks at me, "Nova Louise Founders, you must be blind, he likes you, just like Elijah is utterly in love with you and you are just oblivious to it. Most guys see you and think you're hot, guys see me and see my character, see my fame, but they see YOU! And your beauty." I smile, she was always the best at talking sense into my head. She runs her fingers down my arms and takes my hand in hers.

She spins again, shaking out her hair so it's got plenty of volume. She smiles again and tugs me into the house we go straight to the kitchen. As we walk through the house we see people doing shots or dancing to the music. As we walk through the skinny hallway, we have to squeeze past people making out, I just cringe at the sight of them.

We finally get into the kitchen and walk to the centre island where the party host Drew and his best friend Elijah were pretending to be bartenders. "Lexi! Nova! You came!" I smile at them and Elijah pulls me in for a hug, as I pull away he simply lays his arm around me. I look up at him and take a deep breath in being extremely overwhelmed by his cologne.

I looked down at my shoes as I feel his eyes aiming down towards me, burrowing into the side of my head. "I'm glad you two could make it." Drew said as he wraps his arm around Alexis' waist, she leans into him placing her hand on his chest, she smiles up at him as he leans down a kisses his forehead. I shrug off Elijah's arm as I reach for a bottle of something, I didn't pay enough attention to the label, I walked out the room and to the centre of the lounge which everyone had made into a dance floor. I kick off my shoes pushing them to the corner

I take a large gulp from the bottle I was holding and grabbed the guy stood closest to me, he turned around with a mean expression on his face, but when he realised it was me his face softened, I go up on my tip-toes still too short to reach his ear, he leans down slightly so I can reach his ear now "Dance with me." I shout so he can hear me over the music. A mischievous smirk spreads across his lips.