Thugz Mansion

A/N: So the chapter before this is happening at the same time as this chapter is. Obviously if you've watched OMB you know this, but I am really worried y'all will not get my vibe and hate it. 

________________________________________________________________________________Oscar and Cesar pulled up to the beach. They hadn't been in the car for more than a few minutes, but already their surroundings had transformed. Just eleven miles outside of Freeridge and they were in paradise. 

"Come on Mano." Oscar told him before getting out of the car. 

Cesar climbed out and followed his brother to a food truck, where Oscar ordered two burgers for them. They waited for their food in silence, before walking back over to the beach and sitting down on the sand.

"Eleven miles," Cesar shook his head, "Might as well be eleven million. I can't believe I never come to the beach" 

Oscar smiled, "I came here three months ago, the night I got outta Corcoran. After four years in a six-by-eight I needed to see something big." 

Cesar took it all in. Biting into his sandwich, he was annoyed to find there were onions on it. Picking them out, he scowled while his brother laughed. Cesar wanted to be annoyed at Oscar, but then his brother started sharing about how he could have gone to a magnet school in Pasadena, and about how their mother was checked out when Cesar was little, and the younger boy couldn't feel anything but love for his brother. 

He shared his own dreams of course. After they were done eating, Cesar told Oscar about his dream to be an architect, Oscar didn't tell Cesar that he already knew this. They laughed about the future could have. Cesar seemed to young in that moment, the older man saw a bit of what his girlfriend had been talking about that morning, and it almost made him rethink what he was going to do. Almost. 

When the sun started to set in the sky, Oscar started the car and drove them back to Freeridge. They stopped at a liquor store for some beer, before pulling over at the park over on 5th street. Oscar pulled his emergency joint out of the glove box, and lit it, while Cesar cracked open a cold beer and sipped on it. 

"The beach was pretty dope. I'm glad we stayed for the sunset" He said

Oscar nodded slightly, taking another hit from his joint, "We need more days like this, more time to hang out."

"mmhhmm" Cesar agreed

"You know I'd do anything for you, right?" Oscar asked 

Cesar nodded, "Yeah"

"For real," Oscar continued, "anything."

There was a pause, and if Cesar didn't know any better, he'd swear that Oscar was getting choked up.

"I love you Mano." Oscar finished 

Cesar stared at him, "Dude, are you crying?"

"Nah, I just got smoke in my eyes," Oscar laughed

Cesar wasn't sure what to say to that, but Oscar had more to share.

"You know it's been hot out here. I could get got." The older man said, "You could get got, anybody could get got. If anything ever happened to you..." 

Cesar cut him off, "Nothing's happening to me." 

Oscar looked at him, "I know Lil Spooky, that's why we're here." 

Cesar looked confused, but Oscar pointed out the window. Cesar followed his aim and felt his blood run cold. 

"You need to handle this." Oscar said