Chapter 12

It's been a week. And Niall hasn't talked to me once. It's so awkward at school now. I'll try to say something to him, but every time I do, I get the cold shoulder. We'll pass each other in the halls without even so much as a glance at each other. I hate it so much. I am such a fucking bitch.

"Um, excuse me, but can you tell me where room 235 is?" the Australian exchange student asked me in the hallway. I think I heard a teacher call him Michael, so I'm going to assume that's his name.

"I'm actually going there now. Do you just want to follow me?" I asked him.

"Sure," he says and walks beside me the whole way there. Niall passed us about halfway there, and I couldn't help but notice the death glare he was giving Michael as we walked away. Was he jealous? No, he couldn't be. He's the one ignoring me.

We walked into the classroom together. He mumbled a thank you and went to sit in the back corner. I could't let him sit alone. There was an empty desk in front of me, coincidentally, and I wanted Michael to sit there.

"Hey Michael, come sit here," I motioned him over. He smiled at me as he grabbed his stuff and made his way over. Ally tapped on my shoulder behind me and gave me the 'Are you crazy?!' look. I just shrugged my shoulders and turned back around.,

Honestly, at first, Michael was extremely unattractive to me. He has spiky hot pink hair, an eyebrow piercing, and it seems like he is gauging his ears. It looks like he is also starting to have some hair loss. He has on a Green Day shirt. He also doesn't have the cutest face, either.

But from how he acts around me, he has a cute personality. And that's what I like about guys. I don't care about looks as much as I do personality.

Mr. Mershman let us work together on our homework, and Ally didn't want to work with Michael, so she worked with Sarah, another one of our best friends, while I worked with Michael.

"So Michael, tell me about yourself," I told him as I wrote down the first problem.

"Well, my full name is Michael Gordon Clifford. I am 18 years old. I'm punk rock and I do what I want. I dye my hair a new color every week. I'm here as an exchange student from Sydney, Australia, and I go home in three months. Oh, and I'm in a band with my three best mates back home, Calum, Luke, and Ashton," he explained to me.

"What's your band called?" I asked him. I guess he does seem like the type to be in a band.

"5 Seconds Of Summer," he smiled as he said it.

"Are you guys very popular?" I had never heard of them before.

"You tell me. On a cover we did on YouTube, we got just about one million views within a month or so of it being up," he told me, and that made my jaw drop.

"One million?!" I almost yelled.

"Haha, yeah. Crazy, right?"

"Very crazy," I shook my head and redirected my attention to the homework assignment sitting in front of me. "As much fun as this is, we should probably get back to work."

"Are you one of those girls that has to get all their homework done here at school so they have nothing to do at home?" he chuckled at me.

I could feel my cheeks heat up. "Maybe."

"You know what I just realized? I don't even know your name," he said without even looking up at me.

"Serenety Blue Hooper," I answered him.

He looked at me in awe as he said, "Serenety... I like that name. Very unique. But you're the queen of unique, I can already tell," he smirked.

"Mmm, gurl, you has no IDEA!" I z-snapped at him and he chuckled. He is very sexy.

I forgot Niall helped out in the office this period until he walked into the class with a note for Ally. He must have saw Michael and I working together and laughing, because he looked very hurt and sent Michael a glare when I looked up at him. I couldn't bring myself to make eye contact with him, so I quickly looked away. It hurt too much.

I was fighting back tears. Michael noticed my mood change and said, "So, what are you doing after school?"

I thought for a second and wiped at my eyes to remove the water from them. "Nothing."

"Good, we are going out then. I heard someone talk about a place called Sweet Frog or Toad or something like that a couple of towns over, and I want to try it out," he said and gave me a crooked smile.

I smiled back at him and replied, "That sounds like fun. I'm in. But only as friends."

"Deal. Just friends."

Hey guys! It's been over a year since updating, and I apologize. I have had a lot on my mind and writing has been the least of my worries. But here is a sucky, long overdue chapter!

~Ally