The Closet

Chapter 11

The Closet

The future is the indefinite time period after the present and let me tell you, the future is a scary thing to try to understand or predict. I spent ages in my room just thinking it out. I might be exaggerating but to me, love is a special thing and it needed thought and not just a mindless decision. For the record, the whole minute and a half I spent next to Logan, I felt happier or rather safer than I'v ever felt but the mere thought of leaving Sean nearly ripped my heart out. I just happened to be here long enough to fall in love with Sean, only to find the man I'm supposed to spending the rest of my life with a few weeks later. Fate had a sick sense of humour and I didn't want any part of it. To be fair, I was glad that Sean was out of town for the week. It gave me more time to fully understand what I was going through.

Fixing the bed sheets,I got up, washed some dishes and started to make some coffee when the doorbell rang. I wiped my hands and put some cutlery away to make the place look neater. A couple of seconds after the person began banging on the door.

God some people were impatient. I ran my hand through my hair and looked through the door's peep hole, only to see around 5 massive guys just standing on my porch. I could see the one in the back was getting increasingly frustrated but I couldn't really tell who these men were.

"Let's just bust the damn door open!" Said the tall, dark one to the left as he leaned against the wall. My eyes widened.

"Yeah, it's obvious no one's home," Said the blonde guy next to him.

*Oh my god! They're going to break in!* I thought, rushing upstairs. It would be useless grabbing a knife anyway. They way out-numbered me and they were about double my size. I rushed to my bedroom, closing the door slowly so they would hear and locked it, even though I highly doubted the key would really make a difference and looked around. THE CLOSET. I ran in, closing the door softly and covered myself with clothes. I heard a distant crack as the door downstairs was presumably pushed open. Panicking, I tried my best not to scream out.

Being stuck in a closet till a bunch of guy raided your house could change you and also...make you aware of how stupid you are. By locking the door, I only made it obvious that I was inside the room, the closet was a cliche place of hiding and, I could have at least grabbed my phone on the way up wo call 911. I mentally slapped myself for being so stupid.

Climbing out of the closet slowly, I could still hear their heavy footsteps on the floorboards downstairs. I grabbed the lamp on my bedside table and huddle next to the door, slowly unlocking it. I bit my lip and I twisted it, barely making a sound, then, returning to my position and grabbing the lamp with both hands, holding it way above my head. If I'm going to die, at least the bastard would get a good headache. If I play my cards right, I could knock the guy who comes in out and creep out throught the back door just under the stair case.

"I'm heading upstairs, you guys stay down here. Josh, wait by the door just in case she comes back," A deep, masculine voice said. Where have I heard that voice before? I shook the familiar feeling off, I wasn't thinking straight, though I grinned at my luck. This guy was actually coming upstairs by himself. The doorknob slowly twisted as I took in a big breath, bracing myself and getting ready to run. As the door swung open, I crashed the lamp into the thief's head.

"Ah! Jeez! WHAT THE HELL?" He shouted, rubbing his head, still facing the floor. Damn it! The guys downstairs had to hear that! I took my chances anyway and rushed downstairs, skipping a few steps. I actually heard footsteps behind me. How could anyone get up after that blow on the head?! Panicking, I fastened my pace, turning around and just inches from the door. Pushing my hand towards it, my fingers grazed the knob, twisting slightly before I was grabbed by the waist and hauled backwards.