"ariana, i'm so selfish"

billie's p.o.v

I walk into Ariana and Ethan's room, hoping to catch up with her. We haven't properly talked since the funeral, and that was weeks ago. I open the door and I see her on the bed, crying. She tries to wipe away the tears.
"Ariana, what's wrong?" I ask, sitting on her bed, hugging her.
"Billie, I'm fine," she smiles. "I know this seems really selfish and petty, but I'm just upset that I haven't started my career, yet."
"What are you talking about?" I ask, confused.
"Remember when I sang 'Into You' for you in the warehouse, after that, I sang 'Dangerous Woman' to Ethan. He told me I should make a career out of it. I thought he was just joking, but everyday, he would ask me: 'have you looked for a record company?', 'have you uploaded a cover?' And, I think I let him down. He was so looking forward to me making my 'big break'. Now, he's just so broken, and I don't know how to fix him." she breaks down and I give her a hug.
"Ariana, I've been so selfish. I've been ignoring you for so long, ever since I started being an asshole, wanting all this attention, I've completely ruled you out. I'm so sorry I've been so selfish." and then, I break down in tears.

we break down in tears together