Bad Jou Jou

We pulled up outside of the police station, Diego and I in the front seats, Allison and Five in the backseat behind us, as everyone turned their stare to the building. "I know this Jenkins dude has to have a record. We just gotta get our hands on that file," Diego informed, watching the rearview mirrors.

"And your plan is to what? Waltz in there and just ask for it?" Allison criticized, leaning forward so she was closer to my seat.

"I know the station like the back of my hand, sis. I've spent a lotta time inside," he informed, as if it were something to be proud of.

"Handcuffed," I scoffed.

"Whatever," he shrugged, irritation pulling at his face. "Here's the plan."

"Plan?" Five mumbled. "I'm just gunna blink in and get the file."

"No that's not..." Diego sighed, turning around in his seat to look at the dubious expression Five wore. "You don't know the ins and outs of this place, okay?" I scoffed and opened my door, straightening out my clothes as I stood outside the car. "Where are you going?" he asked, even more perplexed.

"Someone had to bail you out all those times," I informed with a polite smile, shutting the door and walking over to the police station.

Diego waited until I crossed the street to pester me. Why would you do that?

Please, I have enough money from Dad's monthly allowance to buy three cars, put down full payments on them, and still have enough cash left over to buy myself another place, I informed with a sigh, entering the building. I had nothing better to do with it. I was quickly greeted by an officer I knew vaguely, usually when I bailed Diego out, I dealt with Patch or some other officer, but I remembered his face.

"Hargreeves!" he called, quickly bringing my mismatched eyes to him. "Adelaide, right?" he confirmed, coming to collect me and guide me through the bullpen.

"That would be me, Beeman," I informed with a slight nod, giving him a soft smile. His brows came together, he was unknowing that I knew his name. "You talked to me about my brother once when I came to bail him out, tried to convince me to see him."

"Ah, yes, right," he mumbled, looking to his desk as he failed to remember. Bringing his eyes up to mine after sitting down, he added, "Diego's not in lock-up, so how can I help you?"

With a soft smile I came around his shoulder and put a hand on the base of his neck, fingertips on his bald head. "I just need any information you have on Harold Jenkins." I dropped my hand as a coworker started to pass by, allowing Beeman to do his searching.

"I don't know if you've seen Diego recently, but if you do, let him know that he's being looked at for Patch's murder," he informed as he clicked away. I sighed and shook my head, his fingerprints covered a crime scene of an otherwise cold case. The victim being a fellow officer, they didn't want that for Eudora Patch. "His prints were all over the scene, they'd had a lot of heated arguments over the years...it doesn't look good."

"Thanks for the warning," I breathed, patting his shoulder.

"The only reason I'm telling you this, is that you and Diego must be close. You came on the drop of a dime whenever he was in custody, even if you never talked to him. He and Patch were close, and I know he wouldn't do anything like that to her. Personally, I think he's a real pain in the ass."

I chuckled and nodded. "That sounds like my brother." He turned and held out a small keychain to me.

"Could you give that to him? It's for good luck." I nodded and took hold of the rabbit's foot; people's superstitions always gave me a sense of hope, the way they so firmly believed in them no matter how wacky it may seem. "Here it is, all the Harold Jenkinses in the area. Which one did you need?" I looked over the screen, paused when one Jenkins was marked down with our birthday. If anything stuck out, that did.