Dreams and Nightmares

Mai's Pov;

It was dark and I was running. Something was chasing me I couldn't get away! It was going to catch me! It can't I'll die if it does! I must keep running! I have to keep running! It's a dead end.

I feel hands shaking me and my name being shouted.
"Mai wake up it's just a dream. Open your eyes for me now."
"Naru is that you. Another nightmare huh? Thank you for waking me up."
"Do you remember the dream this time?"
"No nothing I just know that I'm in danger."
Time has moved quickly I'm almost 17 now and I've gone on a number of cases. But files 7 and 8 caused my nightmares to start. I don't have them every night. Just every so often. Naru, Gene, or Lin would have to wake me as I would be screaming for help.
I saw Naru climb onto the other side of my bed and pulled me close. I pillowed my head on his pajama covered chest. He remembered that I couldn't fall back asleep after having my nightmares.
"It's fine Mai just sleep now. I know you've been avoiding me! For awhile now you've been using Lin, Gene and the others as not to be alone with myself. So I figured I'd take matters into my own hands!"
My eyes flew open only to squeeze shut again as I felt lips on mine. They were warm and firm but gentle. I tried to pull away from Naru without much success. I gasped for air and he deepen the kiss. No part of my mouth was left untouched by his probing tongue.

I awoke the next day tired and sore. And everytime I remembered what happened the night before I blushed. Could that really have happened?
"Good morning Mai! How are you feeling this morning?"
"I'm fine Gene just sleepy."
"More nightmares?"
"Yeah!"
And late night visitors but I wasn't about to say that out loud. This had been a common occurrence since my nightmares started. Normally he'd just sit with me and hold my hand. But lately he's been kissing my forehead, eyelids, cheeks, and now he's giving me my very first passionate kiss. And I reacted by throwing myself off the bed and onto the floor. I also fled my room hiding out in my locked bathroom! Until I heard Naru leave, but not before he let out a little chuckle. So here I was exhausted. Because it took forever to finally fall back asleep, and I bruised my bottom! It was so sore, every time I moved it hurt. When I entered the kitchen Naru was sitting at the table looking prefect as always! God how I hated how he could look so good, even on as little sleep as he had gotten last night! I on the other hand I looked like a train wreck. Hair messy from sleep, dark circles under my eyes, and I was still in my pajamas!
"Why are you still in your pajamas Mai?"
"Because after breakfast I'm going to try and sleep just a little more. Every time I dozed off last night and most of this morning I kept having the same dream. Something bad is coming. I just don't know what it is yet."
"What do you think is going to happen?"
"I don't know Gene I just know it's something to do with the people who tried to run you over."
I stated sadly these people were going after SPR and I couldn't understand why.
"Well we will just have to stop them won't we!"
Gene was always the optimist of our little family trying to see the bright side of things. But if the cases we have gone on are any indication of things to come. I was worried about how we would fight against this ever growing darkness coming after us.

Mai's Pov; Next day

"I'm trying Lin it's not going to work! My adrenaline was pumping! I knew if Naru used that much energy he could possibly die! I had to stop it. So I just helped him focus it a bit."
"You need to try Mai for Naru's sake. Do you remember what you did to keep Naru alive?"
"No I don't, all I know is that I knew using that much energy was going to cost him. I just wanted him to keep living!"
"PKLT is one of the rarer forms of PK Mai. The fact that you also have this ability makes you very rare, and possibly quite valuable in some circles."
" We know Lin, and Naru also understands that. We'll just not tell anyone else besides the family about this for a while."
Gene was always the voice of reason. On the cursed house case Naru tried taking on a God and he won. But at the cost of his life! I could feel his power building. I knew using it like that was going to stop his heart! I just wanted him to be here, and not to die! So I held him here. I forced his heart to beat and air into his lungs. Until he was safe, and I knew he would survive. Somehow he knew I was keeping him alive;