01- The Honeymoon Phase

Kelsey sat in the living room with Zion, both of them staring at the closed bedroom door. Both debated on intruding and breaking up whatever was going on in the room, but neither of them moved. Neither of them looked at each other as the both sat there trying to make out words from the muffled yelling of Caroline.

"Should we..." Kelsey trailed off, glancing from the bedroom door to Zion.

"We probably should, but angry Caroline scares me." Zion replied.

Kelsey nodded and stood up. Zion watched as she quietly walked to the door and pressed her ear to it. Suddenly the flew open, causing Kelsey to fall into Caroline's feet.

"God damnit, Kelsey, can you go one minute without eavesdropping?" Caroline barked out angrily, stepping over Kelsey to the bathroom.

Brandon slowly came out behind her, stopping to help Kelsey to her feet. Both of them and Zion then turned their attention to the bathroom where Caroline was hiding out.

"What happened? You guys were fine this morning." Kelsey asked, looking at Brandon with confusion.

"What hasn't happened?" Brandon sighed, plopping down on the arm chair adjacent to Zion. He huffed our and rolled his eyes when he saw both of them staring at him expectantly. "She's mad because I'm worried about her not sleeping."

"Oh yeah, she's been staying up to do the DJ job at that club then she goes straight to class." Kelsey said, realizing she hadn't saw Caroline sleep in days.

"She's running on coffee and redbull. I don't know what to do for her either because anytime I mention that damn job, she gets defensive and says I don't care about her career." Brandon explained, waving his hands about in the air.

In the bathroom, Caroline sat up against the door so no one could come in. She was thankful it was Sunday and she had a few days off before Thursday came about. She wasn't exactly sure why she was crying, but she felt so much better when she cried. She felt like Brandon had no idea what all she was going through to try and get her name out in the music industry. The past couple of months had been so stressful, especially with Brandon leaving for tour in a few short weeks.

"Caroline, you can come out now. Kelsey and Zion are gone." Brandon voice said from the other side of the door. He sounded desperate and like he was pleading with her.

Caroline thought for a minute and stood up. She slowly, hesitantly opened the door to come face to face with Brandon. She wrapped her arms around him and buried her face in his chest.

"I'm sorry. I'm so exhausted and I honestly just want to sleep, but I feel like I can't because I have to write that piece for those lyrics." She cried softly.

"I'll write the music for you, just please get some sleep before you get angry again." Brandon demanded, holding her in his arms.

"What am I going to do without you?" Caroline joked, looking up at him.

"I can still write music from a tour bus, but hopefully you'll get that internship with someone good." Brandon retorted, releasing her from his arms.

"I find out tomorrow if I got in and who's agreed to let me intern with them." Carefully replied, smiling at him.

"That's great!" Brandon cheered.

For the past five months it seemed like everyday had been like that. They'd fight, Kelsey would leave, and they'd make up like nothing had happened. They were out the honeymoon phase once Caroline moved to LA. Brandon and her fought more and went on dates less. She had began to spend more time with her friends from school, while Brandon spent most him time in the studio ignoring her. They weren't sure which phase they were in now, but they truly had no idea how much worse it would get.

••••