04- One Guy

Caroline giggled as she shoved a fry in her mouth. Liam chuckled as he looked at her. They currently sat in the parking lot of In-N- Out whole eating their late night meals.

"As long as I've here, I've never came here. Either I'm hungry or these fries are amazing." Caroline stated.

"Uncultured!" Liam joked, munching on one of his fries.

"Not wrong." She chuckled.

Within minutes, it seemed her and Liam had been friends for years. The age difference didn't matter, the fact Brandon was waiting on her didn't matter, the fact she had so much homework to do didn't matter, nothing seemed to matter as she sat in the passenger seat of his car laughing for no reason.

"I just can't get over how good you did tonight. I didn't expect you to say a word hardly or know anything about music production." Liam stated.

"Why? Because I look a certain way?" Caroline asked, still munching on her fries.

"Exactly. Based on the samples you sent in, I expected black hair with piercings and tattoos. I didn't expect you." Liam replied, turning in his seat to look at her. "Does that make sense?"

"Yeah...kinda. I get it. I'm more into classical music, but I can do beats fairly decent." Caroline shrugged.

"Classical? Hmm, yeah. That fits you." Liam said, nodding his head.

They talked for a bit longer, the night growing later. Caroline continues to laugh and answer his many questions he had. He talked about how he looked forward to working with her and the possibility of a job at the end of her internship, even the possibility of traveling with him to other studios. She voiced her opinions about artist he worked with and the next session she'd sit on.

"I guess I better get you home, it's pretty late." Liam said finally, looking at the time on his phone.

"Yeah." Caroline replied, breaking into a yawn. It was well past midnight and she just wanted to go to bed.

Liam drove her to the address she had typed in his phone. Caroline still didn't know her way around Los Angeles that well, so a GPS was her lifesaver. Liam pulled into the narrow driveway and watched her walk to the door before turning around to leave.

Once inside, Caroline made her way to Brandon's room. He was working away on his laptop, most likely editing a song. She knocked on the wall as she stood in the doorway.

"Hey, sorry I just got in. Liam dropped me off and I didn't think to call you." Caroline said, taking off her shoes.

"Liam dropped you off?" Brandon asked, turning in his chair to look at her.

"Yeah. We went and ate then he brought me home." Caroline replied, taking her jacket off.

"Yet, you didn't want me picking you back up." Brandon retorted, chuckling bitterly.

"What's the big deal about it, B? I didn't want to bother you incase you were busy and I didn't want to wait that long for you to come." She sighed, walking over towards him. She wrapped her arms around his neck and looked over his shoulder at the current music he was working on.

"I'm proud of you, I really am, but I just don't like you getting close to someone else." Brandon said, looking up at her.

"You have nothing to worry about, babe. I only love one guy and that guy is you." Caroline said, pressing her lips to his temple. Brandon trusted her and knew it was just a job, but he couldn't shake the way she seemed so happy when she came in the door.

••••

I'm sorry this update sucks ass. I'm tired and needed to update something for this book 😬

 I'm tired and needed to update something for this book 😬