15- Set in Motion

As usual, the house was filled with all their friends and a bunch of random people that tagged along. It was probably the biggest party they had thrown. Brandon was perched on the roof watching as people poured out the house.

Brandon could hear someone struggling to climb on the roof. Soon a beer was place in his lap while the familiar blonde curls sat beside him. Gracie, of course, would be the mom friend to sniff him out.

"Damn son, when I come to a party next time, can I find you somewhere closer to the damn ground?" Gracie huffed out.

Brandon chuckled in response. The roof wasn't the easiest place to get up on, but the views were amazing from there. Even though it wasn't the same rooftop he had first begged Caroline to date him, it still made him think about her. Since they were about to talk about her, he wanted to be on the roof.

"You made it up here with two beers." Brandon replied, holding up his beer and twist the cap off.

"It's a talent after all this time. Perfect spot during the parties when you want to be alone, but oversee the party ." Gracie laughed. The party was so big by now that it had moved into the yard. Gracie had spotted him sitting up there, so she ditched Neviah and went to see what was up with Brandon. "Why are you up here anyway."

"What do I do about Caroline?" Brandon asked, barely above a whisper. Gracie sighed and threw her legs over the ledge

"I stopped by the studio today and told Liam. She called when we were leaving so they are probably talking now." Gracie replied.

"Gah damn, I forgot you were the one to set all this in motion." Brandon said. Gracie held her hands up defensively.

"I didn't know she cheat! I thought the internship would be good considering she needs work." Gracie retorted. Brandon cocked an eyebrow and looked at her. She rolled her eyes. "I know your sound. That portfolio had your name scribbled all over it. Liam agreed to help her work on her craft."

"I don't blame you, honestly. What do I do if she comes and admits everything?" Brandon asked.

"Do what you want to do, B. People make mistakes all the time, you just have to decide which ones to forgive." Gracie shrugged.

"What would you do?" He asked, looking at her. She sat for a minute and thought to herself. She thought about her own experiences and how people had forgave her major mistakes.

"You love her and you'll know how she feels about you. You can read her like an open book and you know her better than any of us." Gracie replied.

"I want to forgive her, but I don't think I can." Brandon sighed, finishing off her beer.

"That's a choice you have. Don't forgive her if you honestly don't feel it in that big ass heart of yours." Gracie said, pointing a finger in the middle of his chest.

"Thanks, Grace. I don't know what we'd do without you around." Brandon said, wrapping an arm around her and giving her a side hug.

"You'd survive. But, I am sending Caroline an email that may show you how she really feels. Depending on how she acts on it, we'll know." Caroline replied. She pushed herself up and stood up carefully on the roof. "Now if you excuse me, I have to go kick Nev's ass in flip cup."

"I'm fine. I'll watch from up here." Brandon replied with a smile. He wasn't in the party mood and after the past few months Gracie had had, he didn't want to rain on her party. Gracie had took the time out of her life to help Caroline and now she was trying to clean up the mess she had set in motion.

•••••