12- In Her Head

Kelsey sat on the couch at the house, spending what little time they had left for the night. Zion was trading out some clothes and halfway listening to Kelsey rant about work. Brandon came in looking rather pissed off and sat beside Kelsey.

"What's up, B-dog?" Kelsey asked, turning to face him.

"Caroline." He stated.

"Oh. I'm sorry, B. I know how much you loved her, but some things aren't mea–"

"What?" Brandon interjected. "We didn't break up."

"Oh, shit." Kelsey stated. "Zion, help me here."

"Just tell him, Kels. He'll find out eventually." Zion stated.

"What do you two know?" Brandon asked, looking between the two. Kelsey cringed and straightened up.

"She's been seeing Liam. She said she was splitting with you tonight." Kelsey said lowly.

"That bitch." Brandon stared. Zion let out a wheezy laugh. Brandon never called anyone a bad term like that, but Caroline was making him do a lot of first. "The whole bit about kissing ass is a lie, isn't it?"

"What?" Kelsey replied.

"She said he showed interbank she was blowing smile to get a job and a good recommendation." Brandon explained.

"Sweetheart, as far as I know, she loves him and it isn't a business move." Kelsey replied, grabbing his hand to comfort him somewhat.

Kelsey felt bad betraying her best friend, but what she was doing was all levels of wrong. Brandon had been nothing but nice to her ever since she had met him. He deserved to be told and not kept in the dark.

"Kels, I'm going to need your help. I don't want her knowing that I know this information, but I need proof that she's playing me." Brandon said.

"I got you, B. Vera might actually be able to help considering how her relationship is going right now." Kelsey stated. Brandon nodded, he face lacking the happy smile he had had when they arrived back home.

"I got some stuff to do before we leave, so I'll leave you two alone." Brandon said, getting up off the couch. Zion's gazed followed him as he disappeared down the hall.

"I think I just made things worse." Kelsey noted.

"Well at least it was you and not me." Zion laughed.

———

Kelsey entered the apartment to find Caroline eating ice cream under a pile of blankets, much like the day sh had panicked of developing feelings for Zion.

"How'd it go?" Kelsey asked, holding back a laugh.

"I couldn't do it." She huffed out.

"So what are you doing? Dating both?"  Kelsey scoffed. She was being ridiculous and everyone knew it.

"Not really. Liam will think Brandon is out the picture and I'll eventually figure out a way to tell Brandon." Caroline shrugged.

"God, you're an idiot." Kelsey grumbled. "Just break up with the boy before you hurt him worse."

"That's what I'm trying to not do. I looked him in the eyes and I-I couldn't do it. Why is that?" Caroline asked, looking up at her. Kelsey sighed and sat beside her.

"Like I said before, you still love him. Liam is just a rebound that really isn't even a rebound." Kelsey said.

"I don't know what I feel anymore. I wish I had never got that internship." Caroline replied, throwing her head back.

For the first time in her life, Caroline was confused about her own love life. She had got in her own head and potentially ruined something that was completely lost like she had thought.

•••••

This chapter was a struggle. It sucks and I'm sorry. I'll try to make it up to you guys next update

 I'll try to make it up to you guys next update