Act 1 (The Tree)

You rolled your eyes towards your friend as she held her black book against her chest as we walked down the street towards our hotel. "I'm just saying Y/N," she continued as I turned around and smirked, "that there's something coming."
"Oh come on," you sighed as your shoulders dropped, "I didn't feel anything, well," you then paused as you thought for a moment, "unless you include the one I felt a few weeks again." I then shrugged as she looked a little annoyed. "What?" I quickly asked as we reached our building.
"And you never told me this?!" Her voice rises as I shrugged once more.
"I didn't think it was relevant, plus," I continue as we entered the building, "it kinda felt familiar." I smiled as she shook her head at me.
"Well next time, Y/N, please tell me," I quickly nodded as she pressed and called the elevator. As we finally got to our room we both stopped in our tracks feeling a sudden shock wave of some type of force. I quickly turned to her as her eyes was wide.
"You...felt that too right," she then tilted her head like trying to say 'dah'. As I was about to roll my eyes at her the ground started to shake. I grabbed my friends quickly opened the door and ran as fast as I could to the window. We both forced open the cretan as we suddenly found a massive tree coming out of the ground, but this tree wasn't normal, no, it was a Gliphoth tree.

As soon as I saw it I shrugged as I looked over at my unused weapons. My friend then hugged her book closely as it started to glow. I looked quickly and reacted as I demon suddenly crashed through our window/wall. I jumped to my friend to cover her and grabbed my Scythe which started glowing red and yellow along with my eyes as I felt it's power pulse through me. "Back off," my voice became deeper as the demon watched me before turning his attention towards my friend, or rather the book.
"Give-me-that-book," the demon studded my friends movements just before I stepped in front of her.
"Then you'll need to take it," I then held my free hand behind my back, motioning my friend to hand over the book. She did and I held the book above my head as the demon screeched towards me. Then quickly running at me with its knife hands stretched out towards me. I acted fast, moving to my right, dodging his attack as did my friend as I then swiftly sliced the demons left arm off, causing him to scream in pain. I smirked towards his weakness to pain as I moved behind him and sliced through his stomach causing him to collapse onto our bedroom floor.
I sighed out as I lowered my Scythe as she sighed out as well but with relief. I smiled towards her as I held the book towards her. She looked up at it then shook her head at me.
"No," she started as she touched the book, "you keep it Y/N, it's better in your hands." She smiled as we suddenly heard multiple demon start screaming and attacking anything in their path. "You should go," she turned to me as we watched them attack innocent people.
"Right," I turned to my other two weapons, my two swords and my throwing knifes, outing on my belt and my jacket as I then turned back to her and nodded towards her before falling off the hole in our room, and onto the streets, stabbing a demon in the process. "I'll be back soon," I turned my head slightly as I saw her nod softly then running out of my sight.
I then started down the street, saving as many as I could. "Okay friends, dinners up," I smirked as I grabbed my throwing knife and ran towards the hordes of demons.