Chapter 19 - Love and Libraries

Summer was over at Ryan's place. Summer was holding Baby Fiona, Ryan's little sister. Both girls were asleep when Ryan found them hiding in the Bedroom cupboard. His older brother helped carry them out into the Lounge Room. He left them alone when their mom called him to help her with something.

So Ryan was sitting next to Summer, when in her sleep she fell over a little and her head was leaning on his shoulder. However he was asleep as well, and Fireworks and Sparktail walked inside and saw them, as little Fiona giggled in Summer's lap.

Back at their Place...

Soren was sitting on the roof when he heard Bridgette come up behind him, and he gave her a quick smile before returning to what he was doing... staring at nothing in the sky.

"What'ya doing Soren?" she says, trying to cheer the obviously upset boy up. "Soren? HELLO?"

"Huh, what? Oh... nothing Bridgette... not anything anyways..." he wasn't paying entire attention to what she said to him. Then she decided to punch him in the arm. "OWW! Bridgette! OWW!"

"Cheer up Soren! What's wrong?" she decides to playfully yell

"Nothing's wrong except my arm hurts!" he yells back. "What was that for?!"

"No reason!" she grins, shrugging. "Except maybe that you weren't paying any attention to what I just said."

He just groaned, and yawned. Bridgette just sat down beside him, and tried to see if he was staring at something... but saw nothing. So she looks at him, and feels her heart flutter.

"Be still my heart..." she whispers. But Soren hears.

"Did you say something Bridgette?"

"Oh you hear me say something NOW but not BEFORE?!" she huffs, turning away to hide her blush. She could feel a burst of mischief from Yin's side of their Bond.

'Shut up Yin...'

'Never child...'

"Are you alright Bridgette?" Soren asks her, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"I am PERFECTLY fine!" she says, voice too high. "Nothing's wrong! I'm fine, why-why do you ask?"

'Fine are ya?' Yin sniggers.

"I didn't mean to upset you or anything! I swear!" he apologizes, making Bridgette's heart flutter even more.

"Uh... y-you didn't upset me or anything! It's fine, why apologize for something you didn't do?"

"You still seem like something's wrong..."

"I'll tell only if you tell me what's wrong with you."

'Doesn't that mean...'

"Yin shut up..."

"Yin's talking to you?" and she nods. "It does get annoying if they decide to do it to annoy you."

"Experience?"

"Experience."

'Heard that.' both their dragons yell at them through telepathy. They both laugh, hearing their angry dragons respond like that struck them as hilarious.

"Okay..." Soren says when he begins to calm down, "something... is a little bit wrong." his smile went straight to a frown. "I keep thinking about what happened, and I can't seem to forgive myself for what happened."

"But it wasn't your fault Soren! You shouldn't blame yourself for what happened." Bridgette tries to comfort him.

"I know... everyone keeps telling me that. I still can't forgive myself though... I still feel like it is my fault... like there are people who do blame me..."