CHAPTER FOUR: MOMMA IS THE BEST

"You can come in now." I said. I didn't wait for the person to enter before I went back to the bed.

"Selena," I heard my mum's voice.

"Momma, it's you?" I asked.
"I'm sorry momma," I continued but she didn't allow me to finish what I was saying before she started talking.

"I'm sorry Selena," she said and placed my head on her legs.

"I didn't mean everything I said to you. I was devastated. Please forgive me, you know I care a lot about you.

You are my only child and I can't afford to loose you. I love you so much baby." she said with tears in her eyes.

She thought I was mad at her? Who am I to be mad at momma?

"I love you too momma, you before anyone." I said and she smiled.

"Who is he and what made you love him?"she asked signalling to me to sit right.

"His name is Jason Martin, he's a new student in our school. I don't why I love him momma, I just know I love him so much." I answered.

"How sure are you that he loves you back?" she asked again.

"I'm very sure he loves me too." I answered.

"Okay, you can go on with your relationship but be careful. I repeat, be careful. You're still young to do anything Selena please, I beg you." she warned.

"Thank you momma!" I shouted and jumped up.
.
"You must be hungry, come downstairs to eat." she mumbled and went downstairs.

I was very happy, "momma is the best, momma is the best." was the song I kept singing throughout the day.

**********

Jason and I started our love story, he became very close with Anabelle and Twinkle. We also started sitting together in the class.
Jason sitting on my right side, Twinkle on my left side while Anny sits at my back.

We play together and eat together but Claire and her group won't stop threatening me and my friends. But I didn't give her my attention.

Momma got to know Jason and I also got to know his mom.

Mrs Betty Martin is a pretty sedulous business woman. Ever since she lost her husband Mr Mark Martin, she took responsibility of everything he left behind, including their only child Jason Martin.

With her character and modesty, one could tell she's a good mother.

Momma got promoted at work, they said she's one of the best staffs they've ever had in the hospital.

They also increased her salary but she spends eighty percent of the money on me to buy new clothes, shoes, novels, because I love reading stories and also for my treatments and inhaler. Oh, I forgot to tell you I'm asthmatic. Pardon me.

My phone rang and I looked at the screen to see Jason's name on it.

Me: "hey baby,"
Jay: "how're you doing my love?"
Me:"I'm doing good and you?"
Jay: I'm fine, are you going anywhere. tomorrow?"
Me: "no, do you wanna come over?"
Jay: no, I want us to go get your birthday clothes tomorrow, or what do you think?"
Me: "sure, thank you so much baby."
Jay: "Anabelle and Twinkle can also come around if you want."
Me: alright Jay, bye. I love you.
Jay: I love you too, bye.

We hanged up and I was excited, I was grateful to God. I had the best mother, best friends and best boyfriend. I felt so lucky.

Author's note

     So our poor Selena is asthmatic😢 what a pity.

      Do you think Hilda did the right thing by allowing Selena to go on with the relationship?

     If you were to be Selena's mum would you have allowed her too?

      Please don't forget to vote and comment your opinions, thank you.

I love you❤
Qwin A'aeesha