Chapter 6

Even if Pan is right, there's still no way I could let Regina suffer on this island for eternity. I know she doesn't feel the same way about me as I do about her, but that doesn't mean she has to be tortured forever.

The right thing to do it save her, no matter how much I humiliate myself.

"Where are the Echo Caves?" I softly ask.

Peter smirks. "Alright, then," he says and starts walking. "Let me lead you the way."

I follow him cautiously. I don't want to be afraid, yet I'm somewhat scared of him.

When he doesn't say anything and we just walk in silence, this kid seems okay. It's just that the minute he opens his mouth I want to strangle him.

We walk through the bushes of Neverland and even though he is horrible, it is pleasant walking next to someone who knows their way here.

Just not as pleasant as when I walked here with Regina.

I'm still carrying the coconuts and since he hasn't mentioned them, I figure it's safe to eat them. Peter is a jerk, but at least he's honest. I think.

Pan stops walking when we arrive by a few giant rocks. I now notice how the rocks have created a small entrance where you can walk through. A cave.

"Here it is," he says and smirks. Without any more words, he disappears in the air.

"There we go," I mutter to myself out loud.

I walk towards the dark entrance and put the coconuts in front of it. Slightly hidden under some plants. Then, I enter the cave.

No matter how much I tell myself that Pan is a lying bastard who only lives to torture others, I still feel less confident than I was before.

Maybe he is right and am I going to spend rest of eternity with someone who absolutely despises me and wants me dead. She has ruined my mother's life, who knows she won't do it again.

The cave is dark, but after a few steps I see light flickering. I start walking faster and arrive by a gigantic cliff with an enormous rock floating in the middle of nothing.

On the rock, there's a small cage. I recognize her from afar. She's curled up in her cage, with her knees close to her chest and her head down. Her long, black hair almost touches the ground.

I take a few more steps and apparently Regina notices my presence, because she looks up.

Her cage isn't even that far away, but it's still impossible to get there without any help. It's too far to jump, but close enough to be able to talk.

"Hi," I say softly. My heart pounds loudly in her chest from even seeing her.

"Emma? Wha- what are you doing here?" Regina asks with nothing but confusion.

"I suppose I have to reveal a secret here," I say and as I look at the brunette, I don't even care what she thinks of me. This isn't the way I though I would be confessing my feelings, but there's no other way

Regina sits up straight and wraps her fingers around the bars of the cage.

"No, Emma. Please, don't. Pan will only use it against you. He only does this when he knows your secrets will destroy you."

I ignore her and clear my throat. "How come that even though people have everything they could possibly want, they still feel a void in their hearts at times?" I rhetorically ask. "For many years my life was complete. I had everything I could possible want and the most important thing was my husband. Killian."