Chapter 8

For about another two weeks, Harry and Draco stuck to the same schedule. They'd wake up, go to the Great Hall together but eat at separate tables, meet up again and stay together for all their classes, eat lunch at separate tables, go to the rest of their classes and spend the rest of the night in their room. Harry had had Ron and Hermione over numerous times but Draco hadn't invited anyone over at all. Whether it was because he didn't want his friends in a cooped little area around Harry, or whether he just didn't have any true friends to invite, Harry didn't know.

It was a Wednesday afternoon which meant they had double potions first thing that morning. "Hurry up, Potter," Draco snapped as he was waiting by the door. "If you're any slower we won't be able to make it to breakfast before classes."

"Shut up, Malfoy," Harry said as he rushed to the door, fumbling with his book bag and rolling his eyes. "We have plenty of time."

"Yes, but I like to have as much time as I can in the Great Hall, away from you."

"Whatever, Malfoy."

By the time they reached the Great Hall, they had about ten minutes to eat. Harry talked with his friends, desperately trying to pretend that everything was normal while Draco proceeded to ignore all the questions and comments from everyone around him. He even ignored Blaise and Pansy because they, just like everyone else, only cared about asking him questions about where he had been and what he had been doing with Potter. No one actually cared about him. And he wasn't going to answer their questions.

Quicker than both boys had hoped, breakfast was over. Harry and Draco met outside the Great Hall and walked to potions with Hermione and Ron. Harry walked with his friends while Draco stayed a couple feet behind them, huffing and mumbling insults about them the whole time.

When they arrived, Harry and Draco took a seat in the back and Ron and Hermione took the seats in front of them. Harry had been in the potions classroom since the accident but just looking around the room still sent chills down his spine. Someone had been in here and purposely set a trap for him and Malfoy to fall into and now he was having the worst time of his life. But who could've done it? And why?

Potions went as smoothly as anyone could expect. Harry and Draco made their potion while arguing the whole time, and fighting about who should do what. And whether consciously or subconsciously, they made sure to be just far enough apart that there was no risk of them touching each other again. In fact, that had become a recent occurrence. They had to be together, but they always stayed just far enough apart that they wouldn't touch each other.

At the end of the class, Slughorn gave them their bottle of Peace Draught that they had earned. He shook Harry's hand profusely while Draco stood there huffing, with his arms crossed.

Draco slipped the draught into his bag. "Hey, Malfoy, why do you get to keep that?"

"Because, I earned it."

"So did I."

"Without my help, your potion would've exploded in your face, just like it did with Snape. So I think I'll keep it for myself, thanks."

"No fair, Malfoy. We both earned it." Harry said lunging for Malfoy's bag.

Malfoy shoved Harry away. "Why must you always act like a child, Potter?"

"Oh, I'm the child? You're the one who won't share with me."

"And you're the one crying about it like a baby."

"Fuck you, Malfoy," Harry said shoving Malfoy so hard he fell on the floor. Draco quickly got up and cast an Impediment Curse on Harry, so that whenever Harry came close, he'd trip over his own self. Harry quickly cast the counter-curse on himself before raising his wand to hex Malfoy.