My heart nearly stopped. I was terrified.

"What do you want, Ariel? We said our peace so just leave it at that."

"I'm not satisfied, my dear."

"I don't understand what you mean."

"You've ruined my life, sister," she sneered.

"Sister? I'm not your sister."

She stood up and slowly walked towards me. My heart was pounding out of my chest.

"Come with me to Jotunheim and we may consider letting you go."

"Jotunheim?"

Without warning, she lunged. She hit me like a ton of bricks, taking me down. My shoulder hit the ground hard, making me cry out in pain. I kicked her off of me and managed to flee. Not very heroic, imagine that. I ran down the street, not quite sure where I was going.

My feet left the ground and I looked up into Ariel's face.

"Since when do you fly?!" I screamed.

She was going to take me to the Jotun place. So I started flailing, not even thinking about what would happen if she dropped me. Thankfully, I think I was careening her off course. I saw the Avenger's base and tried to steer her that way, but much to my surprise, she didn't stop.

We crashed through the large glass window, straight into the living room where every single Avenger was. I'm talking Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, Spider-Man, everyone was there. It looked like they were having a meeting.

Glass showered down around me as Ariel slammed me to the floor, holding me in place by my throat. I struggled in her grip until I got my legs under her and kicked her back through the window. Easier said than done while in a dress.

"Don't do anything," I whispered to the Avengers preparing their weapons behind me.

I got to my feet and waited in the absolute silence for nearly a minute before Ariel reappeared, flying back into the living room. She stood five feet away from me, breathing hard.

"Celestial Freya Rivers, you dare disobey me?" She yelled, still floating in the air.

"Isn't your mom's name Freya?" I heard Tony whisper.

Thor answered, "Definitely not. Shut up."

"What do you want from me Ariel? I'm not going with you to Jotunheim."

"Jotunheim?" Thor asked.

I waved it off. "What's gotten into you, Ariel? You have a lot of explaining to do."

She didn't answer for a second. In fact, it looked like she was struggling.

"Celestial," her voice was straining. "This isn't me. He's got control of me—you dare try control me you weak excuse for a goddess."

I chanced a look at the Avengers behind me. They looked just as confused as I was.

"Celestial, don't listen to him. He wants to drain your powers and keep them for himself. He'll destroy the worlds."

"Worlds? Ariel is this even you talking?"

She strained harder, turning purple. "You've been here before. In the 40's. You fell in love with Steve and I had to stop you, it wasn't your time. You hadn't even met him yet but you fell in love with him. You are a goddess and I am your half sister. Our mother is Freya."

She was pushing everything out as fast as she could, but I was hung up on Freya. My mother is a goddess?

"My mother is Freya? A goddess?"