Steve showed me to my room where I threw my bag on the bed then turned around and smiled at him.

"Thor seemed pretty taken by you," he said.

"That's funny. He just likes this stupid dress on me."

"It isn't bad. What was it for?"

"That building that I collapsed? Ariel drug me to a Halloween party there."

"I haven't been to a Halloween party for a long time. Or...any party for that matter."

I sat down on the bed and played with my hair. He was making me really nervous. I had never seen anyone as good looking as him and it was rather intimidating.

"I don't like parties," I finally said.

"Yeah? Why not?" He crossed his arms and leaned against the door jamb.

"Don't like drinking or dancing."

"You don't like dancing?"

"No. I had a bad experience with it so I've just never had the desire to do it again."

"May I ask what happened?"

"It's lame."

"I'm up for a story."

"Okay...it was in high school, I went to prom, had a date and everything. I should've known something was up when he wouldn't take pictures with me. The first slow song came on and I was so excited to finally dance with someone, I felt like a regular teenager. But then he chose Ariel over me. She came alone but she didn't leave alone. She stole my dance and date from me."

"Why are you friends with her? She doesn't sound like a very good friend."

"She's all I have. And there's been some rough times but there's been more good. Every relationship has their rough times, right?"

"Of course. I didn't get to dance with my girl either."

I laid back on the bed and looked at the ceiling. "Tell me about her."

He sat down and leaned his back against the wall. "Oh she was amazing. Beautiful, strong, smart. I was supposed to have a date with her, but a mission went wrong. The next thing I remember was being woken up seventy some years later and being told I had been unfrozen. I'm still not quite sure how that happened. But I missed our dance by a few years."

I sat up on my elbows and looked at him. "Look at us, can't do love for crap."

He laughed. "Well I would love to be your first dance. What do you say?"

"Of course. I wouldn't mind going to a party with you."

"It's a date then. You should call your friend, it would be easier for you to stay the night tonight."

He stood from the floor and straightened his pants. I realized I was watching every small movement he made so I forced myself to stop.

"Training starts at five a.m. and if you're late, Tony will probably feel the need to comment."

I laughed. "You're right. See you around, Captain."

So I called Ariel and told her I'd be staying late at work and then I'd be going up to her parents' cabin for a while. My excuse was I needed to get away from the city for a while to deal with my father's death.

After that I really didn't have much to do. I found my way to the living room and found Natasha and Clint playing some card game.

"Hey, what are you playing?" I asked.