chapter 13

My eyes stayed locked on the screen in hopes if glared at hard enough the message would disappear. Sadly, it did not and this means I have to come up with a reply. My options are to say: who is this? , Brendon! Hey great job at the concert. , who are you and how did you get my number?,  I have a headache leave me alone. Or, I could just not reply at all. Not answering would be rude of me so my fingers start typing sorry, who is this? That is what I went with, just to be sure. Almost immediately I receive a reply which was new to me, usually I would have to wait forever to get a reply from anybody. Sorry, Your friend gave me your number earlier this is Brendon.

Damnit Linda. Oh, okay. No need to a apologize. How are you?

I have no idea how to talk to humans. The only real people I talk to are Linda and my dad. Half the time both are brick walls. I'm good, now that I don't think I was just rejected by you.

Why would Brendon urie think that? Rejected how? It's not like he has asked me to do anything. Why would you think that I rejected you?

I take a long sip of coffee pleading for it to take the heart beat out of my head.

Because you never called.

I didn't realise not calling somebody is 'rejection'.

The red headed waitress makes her way back to my booth "was the coffee all for today or did you want something to eat?"  I look to her and think for a moment "that's all I believe" she gives a quick nod and walks away.

Sorry I was busy. Why exactly was it that you wanted me to call?

I'm so confused. Brendon. Urie. Wanted me to call him. I shake my head slightly to myself. This is just crazy.

You seem nice, I thought it would be good for me to talk to somebody other than band mates. Make a real friend, y know?.

I shake my head at the message. I did not know. Surely Brendon urie would have friends. I know that him and the band Fall Out Boy get along well.

I am sure you have plenty of friends, Brendon.

This boy obviously doesn't know what not having friends is like.

I would like you to name one that isn't in Panic!

This is probably the worst headache I have ever had. I gulp at my coffee praying for it to do something. I watch a young girl on the opposite side of the street sway back and forth as she tries hard to stay balanced amongst her bicycle. I remember when I was first learning to ride. My mom stood to the side on the concrete walkway while my dad held the back of my seat, letting go at the right speed. I miss my mom. My mind begins to run to the night of the accident when my phone displays Brendon's number, he is calling once again.

Messaging is so much different then actually hearing the persons voice. I take a shaky breath in and face my fear finally answering the phone to have, what I would hope to be, a decent conversation.