Chapter 01

Luna

Have you ever loved someone that can not love you back because he/she doesn't exist?

Have you loved someone who doesn't exist and does't know you exist?

Everything started out with this ordinary but unexpected day.

A wish that was desired but never anticipated to come.

The first semester just got over, now students have to deal with the other half. The break was so fast that it feels like a thunder of vacation stroked the students and after a few seconds, its all over.

I tightened my grip on my book. I can hear everyone chatting how great their life was during the break and the sophistication of it, boasting how rich and stable their family is. Good for them.

They can tell stories about their life and how it went, while me on the other hand, I can only tell how much my eyes hurt while sitting all day at my desk reading and the adventures of a character that I read and how she died at the end of chapter 67.

Letting out a heavy breath, I remembered that I just ran out of books to read later. My phone was snatched by my neighbor's cat and they won't compensate for it, now I don't know what to do at home other than chores and my duty. The library is also close for maintenance and renovation so the idea of borrowing a book is hopeless.

Suddenly, some maniac sprinkled a handful of glitters in my glasses.

"Alakazaam! Alakazoom!" I wiped off the glitters in my glasses using the edge of uniform. I can see a blurry figure of a weird looking, blue haired lady.

With my glasses in its place, I can now see the maniac's face.

And the maniac was my best friend. I am now starting to think that all best friends in the world are maniac.

"What do you think Luna, huh? Were you surprised with my magical powers?" My best friend Avery said enthusiastically, she's fond of magic and stuffs and she wanted to be a great magician someday. A weird hobby for a girl who is already in 11th grade.

"Yeah, the glitters said 'hello' perfectly" I replied with a straight face.  

She hugged my left arm "So, I can see that your glasses are shining new, are they still anti radiation ones?"

I lifted my glasses to the bridge of my nose "Uhm no. These are new, actually.  Auntie brought me to her friend who is a good doctor of the eye and it said that my eyes needs these glasses now and not the anti radiation one. " I started talking while we are getting close to our classroom

"The doctor also said that I don't really need the anti rad because my eyes don't really get radiation and they got the problem because of a lot of book reading that I do in the dark"

She puts her fingers in her chin and nods and after all the explanation she only replied "Yeah! Yeah!" while still nodding. What do I have to expect from my cuckoo friend?

"Kyaaa! Why are we in this place?!" Avery shouted at the top of her lungs drawing some attention to the people around us. By the look on her face, it looks like she have seen a haunted house.