Chapter 08

Luna

"Falling star ye have came"

"Excuse me, Miss!" someone called out when I entered the university gates, I think I'm a little earlier today

"Excuse me, Miss!" someone called out when I entered the university gates, I think I'm a little earlier today. There are no students yet inside the campus.

I turned around to see the guard catching up for me "Uh, yes?" Something is definitely weird going on today.

"Do you have any activities for your club today?" He asked

I shook my head "None, why?"

He looked confused as he removed his cap and scratched his head "Then why are you here and wearing your uniform? It's weekend,"

Can someone slap me? I thought the day was just unusual, didn't expect that I was the one who's weird today.

"Is that so? Hehe thank you for informing me mister guard,"

He shake his head in disbelief "Teenagers these days, I'll be going back to my post. Enjoy your weekend Miss," and then he turned his back on me.

I brushed my palm against my face. It's not my fault that I'm still new to this place. Well technically I have some involvement but still, it's still my adjustment period.

I sighed. "I'd better go enjoy my weekend,"

Exiting the campus gates, I'm on my way home but I don't feel like going home just yet. The house was already neat and clean so I don't have any chores left to do to keep myself busy. If I stay there, Kosmo will just rub her furry cheeks on my hands.

Then someone caught my attention while walking.

"Alms...please," an old lady on the side of the street, rugged and malnourished was begging. Her palm is in the air. Most of the people passing by are just neglecting her, lucky enough if someone dropped a penny.

There's a sting of pain that pierced my heart, something like this really makes me sad, I knew I have to do something so I ran towards her direction and opening my bag, I took out my lunch that I happened to pack for today, including some snacks.

I placed the paper bag in her hands and smiled "Here you go ma'am, I didn't packed much but hope it'll help,"

"Thank you, Alcheious," she cried and smiled at me. She must've felt overwhelmed. Her voice was soothing and dreamy.

Her priceless reaction makes my heart feel great even though it is not much that I gave her. "You're welcome, ma'am- wait Alcheious?" It took me a moment before realizing what she said. That made my eyebrows knitted.