Wuuthrad

"It's an axe?" You questioned, Kodlak nodding softly.

"Yes." You stood before the axe in pieces, hanging over the stairs down into the living quarters. The vague shape would hint at an Axe but you've simply not asked. "It was Ysgramor's Axe."

"Oh, So it's important. He's the one that settled Skyrim." You smiled softly, before hearing a cough behind you. Looking there, you noticed that Vilkas was watching, with hands on his hips and chin. You offered a kind smile, Vilkas taking a few steps to you both.

"Mast-" He looked to Kodlak, who gave a stern look to him, before Vilkas backed off a moment, then nodded. "Kodlak, it is much more than just an axe. Even if you account for it being his axe, it's still so much more." You turned to him, finding yourself unable to help but smile. When he was talking about history or anything in a book his face seemed to light up, which was quite frankly something that seemed to turn you on. He made eye contact with you. "The Axe was forged by his son, after the snow elves encroached on the city of Saarthal, slaughtering lives. It is said that Yngol forged the Wuuthrad with Ysgramor's tears of pure ebony." He looked to you for a moment before looking up at the fragments. "It was then later enchanted by a man who quite rightly hated elves. The best Nord enchanter..."

As he trailed off, you paused in your thoughts before you gasped, looking to him. "Ahzidal?" He looked to you, his eyes wide.

"How do you know that name?" He turned to you. "It's been lost to the ages, history. I only know it because of this place."

You chuckled a bit. "He was an Enchanter." You sighed softly. "His techniques are still widely used today. His name has been lost, sure but that tends to happen when you let vengeance rule you." You shook your head. "But passion can also set you free. It's about a balance. Yes, he lost his family, but going the route he did is why he lost his mind, life and very self." You hummed for a moment. "Which is a sorrowful state for someone like him to have been in. If he took that energy and redirected it into his work we might have even better enchanting techniques still used today. I feel like he was so close to making breakthroughs in the process but was blocked by what he felt."

"But, he lost the love of his life. His child in the Night of Tears. So they-"

"Deserved it." You finished his sentence, before marveling at the surprised look on his face. "They did indeed. They deserved it, but we deserved better from him. He deserved better for himself. The best revenge is to find a way to be happy. Anything short of that is like you letting them win."

Vilkas looked to you with wide eyes, Kodlak just simply laughed. "Well said." He looked to Vilkas. "She's a smart one."

"It is one of her better qualities..."

You felt yourself blushing softly, averting your eyes. "So you've ranked my personality traits?" He seemed a little scared, Kodlak watched carefully. "I don't mind." You watched as he seemed to relax a little. You pushed your fingers through your hair, before looking to Kodlak, smiling. "Thank you, for saying I'm smart... and.. Vilkas... thank you for agreeing."

"He didn't agree, lass. He said it definitively better than I did." Kodlak smiled softly, before looking at you. "I'm sorry, but I should get back to work. I do wish I could spend more time with you. Vilkas, keep her out of trouble, boy." He nodded to Kodlak, before the old man walked down the stairs.

Vilkas smiled softly, before looking to you. "Well..." He chuckled as he spoke. "I..."

You looked to him, smiling. "What?"

He coughed, rubbing the back of his neck. "Your best quality is your persistence. When you decide that something is going to happen in your life you make sure it does. It's very admirable." He watched you blush brightly, bringing a softness to his face. "Skjor..." You hummed softly as he shook his head, looking disappointed. "He's looking for you. Said he has a job."

"Oh... That must have been why you were looking for me. I'll go find him." You flashed a smile, before walking past him, patting his shoulder. You swore you heard him say something but whatever it was he walked away, down into the living quarters. Looking back you took in a breath, before looking down. "One day, Vilkas... I'll stop being a coward. At least then I'd know. I already have a feeling. I wish you'd stop being so nice though."