Chapter 1

Chapter 1

***Four years earlier***

I've been seeing Jax for about six months now. Hanging out at the clubhouse, him telling all the guys that I was his girl, late night talks ending with him telling me loves me. I tried not to fall for him but it was inevitable. Things have been great with him and I've never felt more loved. Sitting on the couch, there's a knock on the door. I open it to see Jax standing there. Letting him in, I can tell something's bothering him. "You okay baby?" I ask. "Yeah. We need to talk." he tells me. "Okay. What's up?" I ask. This isn't the first time that he's come to me telling me we needed to talk so I wasn't that worried. "I can't do this anymore." he tells me. "What? Do what Jax?" I ask. "This." he says motioning between us. "I've been lying to you. I never fucking loved you. Hell, I've still been fucking other chicks." he tells me. "Oh." I say. "You just don't do it for me. You're just a distraction. Easy pussy and even that's not that good. Hell the whores at the clubhouse fuck better than you do. Thinner and prettier too." he tells me. "Get out." I tell him calmly. "Lexi..." He starts and I yell "Get the fuck out!" He leaves and I spend the next few days laying on the couch, sobbing. Finally deciding I won't do this shit again, I shower and eat and decide it's better being alone.

Sitting on the couch, watching a movie, drinking a beer, there's a knock on the door. I get up and answer it, seeing Chibs and Tig standing there. "Hey Lass. Can we talk?" he asks. "What do you need Chibs?" I ask but don't let them in. "I wanted to tell you this in person. Jax is gone lass. Ran his bike into a semi." he tells me. "Good to know." I say and start to shut the door but Tig stops me. "Hey. What's going on with you? None of us have seen you for days and we tell you that you're old man is dead and all you can say is good to know?" I look at Tig and say "He's not my old man. According to him I was just easy pussy and he was fucking anything with two legs." I tell him before walking inside and shutting the door. I hear both bikes leave and don't hear from anyone for a few more days.

I have barely left the house. I hear a knock on the door and think it's one of the guys. Seeing it's my sister, Venus, I open the door. "What's going on baby girl? You haven't answered your phone." she says. "Didn't feel like talking V." I tell her as we move to the couch. "What happened? We had Jax's funeral and you weren't there." she tells me. "Doesn't matter. He came by here a few days before he died and ended shit. Telling me he never loved me and that I was just easy pussy. That he was fucking the whores at the clubhouse that were prettier and thinner than me and better in bed than me. Fuck him." I tell her. "Honey, you know that was a lie right?" she tells me. "Doesn't matter. That's the last thing he said to me. I don't care anymore." I tell her. "I have to go. Have an appointment to get some ink done." I tell her. "What are you getting?" she asks. "Just something to remind me not to be so stupid." I tell her, walking out and leaving her sitting there. I get to the tattoo parlor and he asks me what I want done. "I want it put on my right wrist. It ain't easy being king. With a court jester's hat." I tell him. "Can I ask what it means?" he asks. "Just something someone used to say. Need a reminder not to play the fool anymore." I tell him and he nods and does what I ask.

***Present Day***

Pulling up to Romero Scrapyard, I walk into the office. "Is Obispo Losa here?" I ask the man behind the counter and see it's Chucky. "Lexi?" he asks. "Holy shit. Chucky." I say as he comes around to hug me. "Are you here for the job?" he asks. "Yeah. I have an interview." I tell him. A man comes out of the office and says "You Lexi Jacobs?" I look at him and say "Yes sir." He nods and says "I'm Obispo Losa but they call me Bishop." he says. "Nice to meet you." I say. "You know Chucky?" he asks. "Used to live in Charming. We used to hang around the same crowd." I tell him. "Well, let's talk." he tells me and we walk into his office.

After about thirty minutes he gives me the job and tells me that I can start right now. I am behind the counter and Chucky is showing me how everything works and he asks "How have you been?" I smile and say "I've been okay. How'd you end up here?" I ask. "Rat lost me in a card game. But they are good to me here." he tells me. "Good. I'm glad to see you're okay Chucky." I tell him. He hugs me and says "Good to have family around." and I can't help but smile. Chucky and I were close.

Around lunchtime, Chucky heads to get us all lunch and I am watching the office. "Where's Chucky?" a guy asks as he walks in. "He went to get lunch. Can I help you?" I ask. He looks me up and down and says "Where should we start?" he asks. I just shake my head. "That your paperwork?" I ask and he looks at it and says "Yeah. Here." and hands it to me. "What's your name?" he asks. "Lexi. You?" I ask. "Angel." he says. "Well, I'll get this figured up and entered." I tell him and turn to start calculating. "Damn Mami. Not even a glance." he says. I roll my eyes again and look at Bishop who's coming out of his office. "He's gonna keep me in a constant state of eye roll isn't he?" I ask and he starts laughing and says "Most likely sweetheart. He gets too bad let me know." He tells me. "Nothing I can't handle." I tell him shaking my head. Angel says "I'm right here you know." I look at him and ask "Your point? You gonna work or just stand there thinking you look pretty?" Bishop bursts out laughing and says "You are going to fit in here just fine. Angel, get back to work." Bishop tells him and he heads out shaking his head.

That afternoon, we go to leave and Bishop says "You did good today sweetheart. See you in the morning." I smile and say "See you guys in the morning. Bye guys." I head to my car and Angel follows me. "You want to get a beer?" he asks. I look at him and sigh. "Angel, I appreciate the offer. Seriously but I don't get involved with people." I tell him. "You mean people you work with?" he asks. "No. I don't get involved with people." I tell him before turning and getting in my car and leaving. Angel walks back into the clubhouse and sees Chucky. "What's Lexi's deal?" Angel asks. "Back when I knew her, she had a relationship end badly. Like real bad. She doesn't get close to people." Chucky tells him. "She's close to you." Angel says. "She was always like my sister. That's why." Chucky says and Angel just nods.