Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Walking into work the next morning, Chucky is already there. "Morning Chucky." I say as I walk in. "Morning Lexi." he says smiling. I walk over to get a cup of coffee before heading behind the counter. "Angel was asking about you last night." he says. "What did you tell him?" I ask. "Just that your last relationship ended really bad." he tells me. "Okay. You didn't tell him anything else did you?" I ask and then I stop. "Nevermind. I know you didn't. Love you Chucky." I tell him. "Love you too Lexi love." he says like he used to. We go on with getting paperwork done and Bishop comes in and tells Chucky "I need you to go pick up some groceries." Chucky nods and says "I accept that." and I can't help but laugh. "Good to see some things never change." I say as he walks out the door.

After closing up the office, Bishop says "Why don't you head inside and get a drink. I think you've earned it." I smile and say "Thanks Bishop. I could use one." I tell him. Walking to the clubhouse, it's Friday so there's a small party. I see Chucky behind the bar and he's backed up. Jumping behind the bar, I tell Chucky "I got you." I turn to the guy at the bar and ask "What can I get you?" He tells me he wants a Jack and Coke so I make it and move on. After a few minutes, the bar is caught up and Chucky hugs me. "Thanks Lexi." he says. "Anytime. I got you." I say and Angel walks up. "What can I get you Angel?" I ask. "A beer and one for yourself. Let's go watch the fight." he says. I look at Chucky and he says "I got it." I nod and grab two beers before heading outside with him.

Sitting on top of one of the picnic tables by the cage, Creeper is getting into the ring with a hang around. Angel gently grabs my wrist and asks "What's this mean?" I look at my tattoo and say "It's to remind me to never be the fool again." I tell him. "Again?" he asks. I look out at the cage and say "Bad relationship. If you could even call it that." I say. "What happened?" he asks. I look at him and ask "You sure are full of questions aren't you?" He smirks and says "Just want to understand why you said you don't get close to people." I look at him and decide to be honest. "About four years ago, I was involved with this guy. He had lost his wife a year before and his life was out of control and he started coming over to talk and we started hooking up. I got stupid and fell for him and it didn't work out." I tell him. "How's that?" he asks. "He told me he loved me and took me around his club. Telling them I was his girl and talking about me being his old lady and getting his crow tattoo. Then one day he came over telling me that he lied to me. He said he never loved me and that he was sleeping with other women that were thinner, prettier and better in bed than me. I decided I wasn't going to be stupid and let myself fall for anyone else." I tell him. "So that explains the jester hat but what about the saying?" he asks. "It was something he always said when he was stressed about shit. Two days after he dumped me, he ran his bike into a semi and killed himself." I tell him. He looks at me shocked and asks "You talking about Jax Teller?" I nod and he runs his hand down his face. "You know he was wrong. Right?" he asks. "No Angel. He wasn't. I saw the girls that hung around him. They were thinner and prettier and more experienced than me." I tell him. Taking my hand and playing with my fingers, he says "He was wrong. There's not a fucking thing wrong with you. I just wish you would let me show you that." I look at him and shake my head. "I can't Angel. I'm sorry." I say as I pull my hand from his and stand to leave. I look at him and he's looking at me so sad. I move to kiss his cheek and say "You deserve someone that can give all of themselves to you." before walking away and heading back inside. I grab my bag from behind the bar and tell Chucky "I'll see you Monday." I head out to my car and leave.

Angel walks into the clubhouse and to the bar. "Prospect, handle the bar. I need Chucky for a minute." Angel says and EZ walks behind the bar and takes over while Chucky follows Angel out to the same picnic table we were sitting at. "What can I do for you Angel?" he asks. "I need your help with something. Lexi told me the meaning of her tattoo. She told me the story of her and Jax." Angel says. "She told you?" he asks shocked. "Yeah. I want to show her he was wrong. You know her better than I do. How do I show her?" Angel asks. Chucky thinks for a minute and says "Don't give up on her. When she's having a hard time, be there. Be her support system. She cut ties with everyone in Charming including her sister, Venus." Chucky says. "Why?" Angel asks. "Venus told her that she was being stupid by cutting the club off because she was mad that Jax was just using her. Venus told her that she couldn't be there for her and the club too because of the animosity and so Lexi cut ties with her." Chucky tells him. "Damn. I wish I could get her to just give me a chance." Angel says. "Then ask her to give you thirty days to prove that you aren't like Jax. That's what she's scared of. That you're going to be just like Jax." Chucky says. Angel looks at him and says "That's a great idea. Thanks Chuck. Head on back in." Angel says and Chucky does what he's told while Angel sits and thinks about what Chucky says.