seven.

warnings: swearing & angst if you squint

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

You watched as Brian played his guitar solo inside the recording booth, almost getting lost in the music. You've been together in the band for quite a long time, but he never fails to amaze you with his guitar playing.

Staring at his form with an almost enraptured gaze, you almost forgot about Paul's burning look as he stood behind you, inhaling deeply as he dangled the cigarette in between his fingers.

When Brian finished with his solo and John had turned the recorder off, Brian asked, "What next?"

Grinning, you moved towards the microphone and spoke, "That was pretty damn good. Brilliant. I love that."

Brian shook his head, pointing towards his ear, "Press the button, (Y/N)."

Before RT could even show it to you, "I know, I know where it is."

Pressing the button, "Knock, knock."

"Good," Brian nodded.

"It's good, um, you know, play it like you wrote it."

"Well, I did. I wrote that part."

Grinning, you joked, "Taking a piss."

Brian chuckled, before replying, "Okay, are you happy?"

"I think it's beautiful. It's almost perfect."

"Almost?"

"Yes, give it more rock and roll!" You grinned at your curly-haired friend.

"I'm always up for that, (Y/N/N)."

"Put your body into it!"

Brian let out a chuckle, "Right. Okay," He moved his hips, "Put my body into it, I got it."

You laughed at his movement, "Not like that!"

"No, I got it, I got it. Bit more soul, yeah?"

"All right, give it more heart."

Brian nodded, "I'll do that, we good to go? Roy, you good?"

"Oh, and then there's the operatic section," You added, grinning at Brian.

He nodded slowly, as if he was uncertain, until you clapped, "You're gonna love it!"

"The operatic section?"

You shrugged, "I know, it sounds crazy."

"I love it, (Y/N/N). I love it."

"I don't know, it could be a flop. It could work-"

"I love it!"

You chuckled, looking at Brian, "What have we got to lose?"

He looked at you with probably the happiest smile you've seen on him for a while as he shook his head, "Nothing."