fourteen.

warnings: swearing, angst, mentions of dying and drinking, fighting

warnings: swearing, angst, mentions of dying and drinking, fighting. (idfk what to feel about this chapter omg omg)

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

"Convinced our voices can't be heard," You sang out, your voice cracking a little bit, "You just wanna scream it louder and louder and louder."

"What the hell are we fighting for?"

You hand came up to your throat, feeling a warm ache as you sang the next lyric, "Ah, just surrender and it won't hurt at all," before finally holding a finger up, gesturing for them to stop playing.

"Yup," Deacy said before looking over to Brian, "Let's call it, yeah?"

Shaking your head, "Sorry," you let out a light chuckle, "I sound like shit."

"You all are lovely, you sound good," You smiled to everyone, placing your microphone back on the stand, "Been a while."

Holding onto your throat, you tried to clear it again, "My throat feels like a vulture's crotch."

Each of them let out a chuckle before Roger said, "We still got a week. We'll get there."

"Yeah, we're in a good place, (Y/N/N)," Brian added, "You just need a bit of rest, that's all," He looked towards you, your back facing them, before you softly replied, "Yeah."

Eventually the three of them got into their own conversation, your heart beginning to beat faster than normal as you looked up to Miami, who had a knowing look on his face.

Your stomach hurt with anticipation, but you still fought it. Nodding subtly at Miami, you turned towards them, "Before you leave..."

"Could I have a second?"

"Yeah. What's up?" Roger asked.

Before you could chicken out and turn away from them, you blurted out, "I've got it."

Each of their faces held a confused look, Deacy shaking his head before asking, "Got what?"

"I'm dying."

"I wanted you to hear it from me."

Deacy immediately felt tears rush through his eyes, sighing and looking up at the windows to avoid breaking down in tears in front of you.

Roger just felt numb, frozen in place, staring at you in shock, secretly begging you to break out in laughter and laugh at their reactions to the joke you just made.

As much as Brian was thrashing on the inside, he contained himself, though the ache he felt in his chest couldn't be ignored, he resorted to looking down at the floor, biting his lip before looking back up to you, "(Y/N/N), I'm so sorry."

"Brian, stop."

You shook your head, "Don't."

"For right now... it's between us," You smiled softly at them, "All right? Just us."