ten.

warnings: swearing (as usual), angst, some ass-grabbing, kissing, p**l pr*nt*r

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

When the party finally ended, you walked around your house, sipping on a glass of wine whilst all the waiters cleaned and fixed up the mess of a mansion that looked like a tornado has gone through all the rooms.

You weren't drunk, maybe a little, but all you wanted to do was to be alone and just drink all the worries away, Brian's words still echoing in your mind, your heart ached every time you remembered his voice. A voice that pitied you. Pathetic.

Once you had stumbled upon the living room, you walked towards the piano, placed your drink on top, and started to play a random tune.

Whilst playing, a waitress had come to your side, grabbing all the empty glasses from the piano top. She was a redhead with smooth, pale skin, her nails painted black, lips painted blood red, her short hair tied in a ponytail, and not to mention, she was really pretty.

As much as you claimed you were sober and not drunk, your right hand had somehow managed to pull away from the black and white keys, and towards the girl's bottom, giving it a little squeeze.

The girl gasped in surprise and looked towards you with an annoyed glare, "You've got a set of balls."

You scoffed, then sent her a smug smirk, "Go fetch me a drink and find out."

Completely ignoring your statement, she said, "I may work for you tonight but put your hands on me again and I'll thump you. Got it?" Then started to walk away.

Before she could leave the room, you called out for her, "I'm terribly sorry," You stammered, "I didn't mean to offend you, I'm sorry."

When she stopped right by the door, you continued, "I won't do that again, all right?"

She sighed, and turned back to face you, "Let me get you a beer," You smiled.

"I wouldn't mind a beer," She shrugged.

"Can you just tell me where they keep them?" You chuckled, "You're very beautiful. I love a woman in uniform," resulting in her smiling and going out of the room to find some beer.

Every worker had already left so it was just you and the girl, whose name you learned to be Jasmine, both of you sitting on the couch.

"So, all your friends have left you alone?" Jasmine asked, untying her ponytail, letting her short curls fall to her face.

"They're not my friends. Not really. Just distraction," You sighed, taking a sip of your beer.

"From what?" She raised her eyebrows.

"The in-between moments, I suppose," You said, "I find them intolerable."
"All of the...darkness you thought you left behind comes creeping back in."