thirteen.

warnings: just a hint of angst

warnings: just a hint of angst. (this one's pretty short since i wanted the next part to be its own chapter)

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

"I'm not even hurt by the fact that she's let me go as a friend. But you can only be there so much for a person."

"And so, Mr. Prenter, all these stories about (Y/N) Mercury and her lovers... that there were so many. Is it really true?"

"Yes, it is. Her lovers were countless."

You stare blank-faced at the television, thinking, of course he would do this. But, you didn't care. Not even one bit.

"So, you really did see what was behind the mask?"

Not wanting to hear any more of it, you grabbed the telephone from the table beside you and dialed a number you should have before, "Hello?"

"Miami?" You said, almost croaking.

Jim raised his brows up, definitely not expecting a phone call from you, "(Y/N)? How are you?"

"There was this Africa concert... that wants Queen to play. Is that still..."

"You mean Live Aid?" Jim leaned back in his chair, sighing, "They've announced all the bands, (Y/N). It's too late."

"I need... I need to reconnect with the mothership," You said softly.

"(Y/N), they don't want anything to do with you. They're still very upset."

Feeling your chest ache a little bit, you continued, "Maybe if you ask them... they would meet me. Tell them I want to talk. Just talk."

Tears glossed over your eyes, you managed to let out, "We're family."

"You know, family have fights... all the time."

"I can call."

"Thank you... Jim."

Looking back towards the television before ending the call, you heard the interviewer ask, "How would you describe her on the inside as a person?"