Grand Magic Games: Day 5 (Part 3)

*YOUR POV*

I kept moving, the announcer talking overhead. I smiled as he said that Fairy Tail was now in first place, with 50 points, according to him. However, that smile faded upon hearing that Sabertooth was right on our heels, with 49 points, and the leader was still left. I guessed the leader had to be either Minerva or Sting, but likely Minerva, since she was the strongest. Lamia Scale was also in second, tied with Sabertooth, so we needed to take out those two guilds first. Next was Mermaid Heel, with 43 points and Kagura was probably the biggest threat there. I stayed at my specificed area, awaiting instructions, as the others did the same. Only the strongest from each guild were left, and I was a bit worried about Sabertooth. They still had four members, and their leader, including Minerva. I tensed, remembering her threat towards my wife, and feeling a compelling urge to go protect Erza from her. But I forced myself to stay where I was. I had to trust that Erza could do this on her own. She was strong, after all.

A couple minutes later, the First Master's voice came through my head, issuing instructions and plans. Julia was against Cheria, and Erza was fighting Minerva. Luckily, I had a clear line of sight to where Erza and Minerva would fight. I saw my wife climb up on the roof... And Kagura descended upon her at lightning speed. My breath caught in my throat. The first master, the Fairy Tactician, had calculated wrong? I felt my heart sink. Then she wouldn't know Erza's chances of winning. I started towards her, but heard the first master in my head. "No. She can do this. I may not have seen this, but Erza is strong. And Kagura wouldn't dare hurt your unborn child." I relaxed a bit, but kept my eyes on Kagura and Erza, who quickly came to a stalemate. As I watched, a bubble appeared in between them and hands came from it, pushing the two mages apart. Minerva emerged, flinging them both to the ground. I stood, feeling the air around me grow cold. The first master was right, Kagura wouldn't harm Lilith. However, Minerva would stop at nothing to ensure Sabertooth's victory. I heard the first master's frantic orders to stay where I was and let Erza fight, but I had to at least get close enough to be able to help my wife if needed. "Y/N, listen, I've calculated what will unfold if you help Erza, and there's no chance of victory if you do. Stay where you are." I sighed.

"Number One, with all due respect, your calculations have been wrong before, which is why Erza is facing two opponents instead of one. When I volunteered to fight Rufus, you warned me of his strength, but ultimately trusted my feelings over his raw power, and I won that fight. You've seen how strong my feelings are, and when my wife and child are on the line, my power skyrockets. So I'm asking you, please. Just trust my feelings once more. My heart is telling me to at least get to a place where I'm able to help Erza if she needs it, so please let me help her." There was a long silence before a reluctant answer.

"Fine. You may go. But don't end up losing. I'm counting on you, Y/N." I smiled and climbed up a nearby building, magic at the ready, and my eyes on my wife. Minerva began to glow with power, as did Kagura and Erza. I kept my eyes on Erza though, needing to make sure that no unseen attacks would touch her. Then, all at once, they stopped glowing, and only a second later, charged at each other, swords and magic ready. Minerva made the first move, creating an explosion that spanned the entire roof of the building they were fighting on. Luckily, both Erza and Kagura emerged unscathed. Erza seemed to be focusing more on Minerva, but saw an opening and kicked Kagura off the building. Minerva followed and shot magic at Kagura as Erza came up behind her. Minerva turned towards Erza as Kagura ran up and jabbed her with the sword hilt, getting the first hit on Minerva. Minerva then cast a spell in another language, capturing both Erza and Kagura in bubbles, before casting a spell that shot out massive waves of magic, blowing the entire building nearly to ground level. I froze, shocked at her intense power. I'd seen both Erza and Kagura fight, and I knew how strong they were, but I couldn't help but wonder if they were simply outmatched. Yet, when the smoke cleared, Erza and Kagura were still standing, completely unharmed. I smiled, relieved that my wife was ok, but still ready to jump into the fight if needed. Minerva would probably have no problem finishing me, but I could at least create an opening for Erza to finish her. Just then, Minerva removed her feather boa and created a bubble. I watched as it formed, revealing Millianna inside. I clenched my fists as I overheard what Minerva was saying.

"The kitten I captured earlier. Can you see this girl suffering? I'm stealing her magic even now in that space." I glanced down at my wife, who was clearly distraught, seeing her childhood friend in pain. Minerva smirked. "Relax. I'm not using her as a hostage to make you give in. As I said, I'm just going to make a change." Both Erza and Kagura's expressions hardened. Kagura made the first move, rushing towards Minerva and beginning to swing. But at the last second Minerva switched places with Erza, placing Erza in the path of Kagura's sword. The redhead blocked her hit, only a second to spare. Minerva walked over to the bubble Millianna was in, preparing to leave, when Kagura struck Erza, causing her to fall. I tensed and stood, ready to fight, but Erza got back up with no effort. Minerva made Millianna vanish as Kagura reached out.

"I accept your terms, just leave Millianna out of this!" Another bubble formed, and without saying a word, Minerva stepped through, and was gone.