"Run"

"Are you sure you can handle it?" Sam asked again.

Wanda sighed irritably. Yes, she can handle it. She must.

"Sam..."

"Don't get me wrong, I believe in your skills, but you have been working too hard lately."

Maximoff could not deny that. After winning the fight with Thanos, she just couldn't feel happiness, so she tried to take her thoughts. This relatively short war took everything from her. So what else can she do, if the people she loves are no longer there?

"I can send support." Sam repeated.

"There's no need" she briefly cut short her answer.

"All right, but make sure to check in regularly. And be careful."

Falcon hung up. In the jet, in which Wanda was flying was silence.

Maybe that's good. She took on a solitary mission, almost on the other side of the world. She didn't know what to expect, in total no one knew, but it also did not bother her. Since Vision's death, everything and nothing interfered with her. She ceased to be interested in her own fate, and at the same time she wouldn't allow herself to die. He wouldn't want it.

It's been a year since the last fight against Thanos, since the death of Tony Stark and Natasha... For some, six years have passed since the death of her beloved, but for her it was only a year. One of the most difficult in her life.

She was approaching Surgut, the destination of her journey. Her task was to investigate on behalf of SHIELD, what a private organization called "Mirage" does. She didn't think she would discover something illegal. From what she managed to find out, the organization has been operating for over twenty years, of course with a small, five-year break, but only after restoring everything to normality, it began to work with even greater momentum and developmental strength.

She was ready to do the task, at all costs.

***

"How could you agreed to that?" David shouted, hitting the top of the oak desk.

He had perfectly combed, blond hair and very delicate facial features. If he had a good mood, he would have seemed quite a nice guy, but now madness and anger distorted his "perfect" face. He was dressed in a medical smock under which was a blue shirt and dark suit trousers. In spite of everything, he was not similar to his father he was now eagerly yelling at.

Jeffrey Hildreth didn't even blink when his older son burst out.

"If we refused this visit, they would become suspicious" he replied with his low voice, never stopping to comb his thick beard.

"So you decided to expose our entire project, our entire institution, so as not to arouse suspicion?!" the blond man howled "Are you aware of what will happen if SHIELD find out what research and experiments we are conducting?!"

The director's face with deep wrinkles, did not move even by a millimeter. His bright eyes did not break away from his son's face.

"Yes, I'm aware of it." he recited a sentence he had repeated for many years "That's why you'll show their ambassador a part of the base, you'll tell some stories and you'll say goodbye."

The anger was still bubbling from David's blue eyes, but he didn't speak again. Knowing him - he was calculating in turn all the informations. He knew that his father was right, but oh God! It's so hard to admit your mistake.

Corey inside burst into laughter every minute. The scene in front of him was awesome. Mad son and always calm daddy have got an argument.

"In case of any problems" continued elder Hildreth "Corey will take care of this ambassador."