"We can do this"

It was after ten o'clock when Wanda woke up. She didn't remember when she slept so long and so good last time. She felt rested like never before. She rose from the incredibly comfortable bed in a good mood.

Although outside the window seemed to be cloudy, the room was completely bright and pleasant. Corey did a good job, choosing accommodation for them.

The girl got up and moved as quietly as she could, trying not to wake up her friend, she went to the bathroom. In no hurry, she began her morning toilet.

It was strange how good she felt, considering what was planned for today. In the end, she didn't come here to tour and rest, but to get evidence against Hildreths. For now, the stress associated with it wasn't reaching her, and the only negative emotion she felt was disappointment.

Corey showed her what it means to live and have fun, regardless of the demons of the past. In his company she forgot all the bad things that had happened to her. She felt regret at the thought that when they finished everything, she'll have to come back to work. Even this long and tiring journey with her companion was surprisingly pleasant. Chats, singing songs on the radio, jokes... all this with Corey was so fun.

With him, she could actually forget about any kind of stress or sadness.

She left the bathroom and saw that her friend was still asleep. He was laying on his stomach with his face turned to one side and both hands under the pillow. The girl began to wonder what he was dreaming about now. Certainly nothing terrible, considering his calm expression.

With the help of her power, she prepered water for coffee and took care of making bed and unpacking her things. When she did, she prepared two cups. She promised Corey that she wouldn't wake him up early, but she was getting bored a little. She hoped that he wouldn't be offended at it.

What coffee did he drink? Ah, yes... two teaspoons of coffee, no sugar and no milk. On the one hand, she was shocked that something like that tastes good to him, but on the other hand, she felt proud of herself that she remembers even such a detail.

She learned a lot of things about her friend very quickly, not to mention his past. It's surprising how quickly you can learn everything about a man when you are simply living with him.

When both hot drinks were ready, she put them on the table. She sat herself on the edge of the couch and put her hand gently on Corey's back.

"Corey, coffee is ready" she said.

The man automatically raised his head and looked around what was happening. His gaze was hazy and distracted.

"What time is it?" he mumbled, putting his head back on the pillow.

"Half past eleven."

The supersoldier looked at her with a gentle smile. After a moment he got up and he made space for Wanda. The girl took her cup of coffee and sat down comfortably.

"Did you sleep well?" Corey asked, taking a sip of his drink.

"Good as never" she said cheerfully.

The man looked at her with a meaningful look and a smile. He had to be pleased with himself that he chose such good conditions for them to sleep.

"I'm glad" he muttered, combing his hair with his fingers.

"And you?" Wanda asked "this couch is probably more comfortable than yours."

Corey laughed.

"Yes, that's for sure!"

The girl couldn't stop smiling while looking at her friend. He was still sleepy and scattered, which in his performance always looked lovely. He, piercing her with his gray eyes, didn't take off his gentle smile.